• Thieves stole four fire extinguishers between Aug. 23 and 26 out of an apartment complex on the 700 block of Trace.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars broke into a vehicle around 8:20 p.m. Aug. 24 on the 100 block of Raupp Boulevard but fled when the victim hear glass breaking and saw a subject run from the area.
• Vandals used black paint to spray graffiti on a business sign at 100 S. Buffalo Grove Road around 5 p.m. Aug. 21.
• Thieves stole an iPad around 5 p.m. Aug. 19 out of a locker room at 601 Deerfield Road.
• Burglars stole a blue bicycle between Aug. 19 and 20 out of an open garage on the 100 block of University.
• Vandals broke a window between 7 p.m. Aug. 18 and 6:45 a.m. Aug. 19 on a truck belonging to Zimmerman Hardware, 745 S. Buffalo Grove Road, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Offenders burglarized a vehicle between midnight and 8 a.m. Aug. 19 in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of Oak Creek Drive.
• Thieves stole packages delivered by the postal service between 10:59 a.m. Aug. 14 and 12:15 p.m. Aug. 15 on the 300 block of Cobbler. The packages were missing within 45 minutes of delivery.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle around 6:30 p.m. Aug. 16 on the 1100 block of Dundee Road and stole several unidentified items.
• Burglars broke into five vehicles between 12:30 and 2:40 p.m. Aug. 17 on the 100 block of Raupp and 900 block of McHenry Road. Three purses were reported stolen, among other items.
• Vandals put a long scratch between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14 on the driver's side of a vehicle on the 400 block of Middlesex Court.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 3:15 p.m. Aug. 11 out of a customer's purse in a store on the 100 block of McHenry Road.
• Vandals put a long scratch on the side of a vehicle between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Aug. 8 parked on the 1000 block of Lake-Cook Road.
• Burglars climbed through a first-floor window between 2:50 and 5:30 p.m. Aug. 10 at a home on the 1100 block of Bristol and stole undisclosed items.
• Burglars climbed through a first-floor window between 11 a.m. and 11:57 p.m. Aug. 10 at a home on the 2000 block of Jordan and stole undisclosed items.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a white 2009 Volvo tractor-trailer between July 29 and Aug. 1 out of a front lot at 2769 Old Higgins Road. Value was estimated at $50,000.
• Thieves stole an empty 53-foot Great Dane box trailer July 29-31 out of a parking lot at 2440 Pratt Boulevard. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• Thieves stole a designer watch valued at $18,000 between 10 a.m. and noon Aug. 2 from a desk in a business at 1201 Tonne Road.
• Burglars broke into two trailers between Aug. 2 and 5 in a lot at Gem Exteriors, 1390 Howard St., and stole a generator and cordless drill out of one and several saws, drills and an air compressor out of the other trailer. Loss was estimated at $7,100.
• David A. Mueller, 21, of the 100 block of Juliann Drive, Wood Dale, was arrested around 2:40 a.m. Aug. 4 at 1120 W. Devon Ave. and charged with aggravated battery to a police officer, aggravated assault, resisting a peace officer and criminal damage to government property.
• Robert S. Hess Jr., 61 of the 700 block of Cutter Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 7:50 p.m. Aug. 4 at his home and charged with disorderly conduct.
• Daniel J. Lena, 34, of the 300 block of North Larch Avenue, Elmhurst, was arrested around 3:35 p.m. Aug. 1 at Cosman Road and Winston Drive and charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• Alexis Miranda, 24, of the 2900 block of North Luna Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 10 a.m. July 24 at 1000 W Devon Ave. and charged with theft.
• Arnold Amanya, 27, of the 1000 block of Charlela Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 10:20 a.m. Aug. 7 at his home and charged with retail theft.
• Jose M. Carlos, 28, of the 400 block of Chase Terrace, Streamwood, was arrested around 9 p.m. Aug. 9 at Tonne Road and Greenleaf Avenue and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Sept. 3.
• Pamela J. Bement, 48, of the 1300 block of Cambia Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4 p.m. Aug. 12 at 801 Meacham Road and charged with retail theft.
• Thieves stole a 10-speed bicycle between 1 and 3 p.m. Aug. 2 from a driveway on the 600 block of Cutter Lane. Value was estimated at $334.
• Burglars stole a flashlight and designer watch between 9 p.m. Aug. 6 and 5 a.m. Aug. 7 out of an unlocked 2007 Honda Civic on the 1000 block of West Glenn Trail. Value was estimated at $750.
• Thieves stole a duffle bag containing a cellphone, clothes and Invisalign braces between 3 and 5 p.m. Aug. 7 from a chair at a pool at 200 Reverend Morrison Blvd. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Vandals set fire to a wooden enclosure and portable toilet around 11:28 p.m. Aug. 7 at Appleseed Park, 400 Ridge Ave. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 8:30 and 8:38 a.m. Aug. 7 after the owner left it near a cashier station in Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road.
• Thieves distracted a customer between 5:20 and 5:26 p.m. Aug. 7 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and stole a wallet out the customer's open purse in a shopping cart.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a women's washroom between 3:31 and 3:45 p.m. Aug. 8 at McDonald's, 1576 N. Rand Road, after a customer placed the wallet on a changing table mount and left it by mistake.
• Three male subjects hurling rocks in a Target parking lot, 649 E. Dundee Road, around 2:17 p.m. Aug. 6 broke a vehicle windshield.
• Burglars removed a window screen, opened a window and opened the interior window shutter between midnight and 1:30 a.m. Aug. 7 at a home on the 0-100 block of North Forest Avenue. Entry was not gained.
• Joanna M. Reczek, 25, of the 1600 block of Lexington Drive, Arlington Heights, was arrested Aug. 10 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after police accused her of hiding several items valued at $171 in her purse.
• Vandals removed a broken piece of siding between 8 p.m. Aug. 16 and 7 a.m. Aug. 17 from a home on the 100 block of East Russet Way and used it to smash two panes of glass on a yard lamp.
• Vandals smashed the rear passenger's-side window on a 1998 Jeep and slashed four tires on a 2010 Nissan SUV between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 11 and 6:51 a.m. Aug. 12 in a lot on the 1100 block of North Sterling.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Fiat between 5:45 and 7:34 p.m. Aug. 14 and stole a wallet with credit cards, driver's license and cash. The wallet was placed in plain view on the center console.
• Burglars stole a full set of golf clubs, several additional clubs, black golf bag and a GPS golf watch between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 18 out of a 2012 Audi SUV on the 900 block of South Stonehedge. Value was estimated at $2,800.
• Muhammad W. Shahid, 22, of the 6900 block of Chestnut Street, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7 a.m. Aug. 11 at a gas station at 851 S. Sutton Road and charged with theft. Employee Shahid was videotaped taking a customer's cellphone after she accidentally left it on a counter, police reports said. His court date is Oct. 11.
• Brianna M. Truesdell, 20, of the 900 block of West Barnett, Harrisburg, was arrested around 5:20 p.m. Aug. 2 at Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, and charged with retail theft. A security agent saw her hide merchandise valued at $93 in her purse, according to police reports.
• Juana M. Garcia, 49, of the 900 block Mulberry Lane, Streamwood, was arrested around 1:05 p.m. Aug. 6 outside her home and charged with simple battery. Reports said she slapped a notebook from an officer's hand while he interviewed a man.
• Omar Enriquez Mejia, 22, of the 600 block of Parkside Circle, Streamwood, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. Aug. 19 on the 300 block of Ascot Lane and charged with possession of drug equipment. Reports said an officer found a marijuana grinder and glass pipe in his car.