• Ryan C. Dobbins, 21, of the 5N200 block of Meadow Drive, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence, no insurance and driving too fast for conditions after a crash at 1:15 a.m. Tuesday at Route 31 and Silver Glen Road near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• James J. Duncan, 23, of the 400 block of Sherman Avenue, Elgin, was charged with marijuana possession at 4:28 p.m. July 23 after authorities went to assist a motorist who had run out of gas at the corner of Big Timber Road and North Lyle Avenue in Elgin, according to sheriff's report. The deputy smelled a strong odor of burned cannabis and found 7.3 grams of marijuana in Duncan's possession, the report said.
• Two large Waste Management garbage cans, valued at $175, were stolen between noon July 24 and 7 a.m. July 25 from the 5N100 block of Route 25 near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Ashley E. Scott, 20, of the 11900 block of Mohican Drive, Algonquin, was charged with driving while license suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana, and possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop at 1:25 a.m. Tuesday at Route 25 and Middle Street near Bartlett, according to a sheriff's report.
• Paul M. Armstead, 28, of the 0-100 block of Oxford Drive, Carpentersville was charged with criminal damage of government property Tuesday, according to a police report. Armstead is accused of damaging the plexiglass protective coverings of three light bulbs in two cells at the Carpentersville Police Department, 1200 LW Besinger Drive, according to reports. The damage was less than $500. His bail was set at $3,000, and his next court date is Thursday.
• Denise L. Geimer, 52, of the 0-100 block of N. La Fox St., South Elgin, was charged with aggravated assault Saturday, according to a police report. Geimer is accused of moving toward three Elgin police officers and another victim while holding a knife, reports said. Her bail was set at $10,000, and her next court date is Thursday.
• Andrew N. Rylko, 23, of the 41W700 block of Lenz Road, Elgin, was charged with possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. Rylko is accused of having a substance containing less than 15 grams of heroin, as well as a spoon, syringe, rope and lighter, police said. His bail was set at $5,000, and his next court date is Thursday.
• Michael T. York, 48, of the 300 block of S. Collins Ave., South Elgin, was charged with drug possession Tuesday, according to a police report. He is accused of having 30 to 500 grams of cannabis. His bail was set at $3,500, and his next court date is Thursday.
• Ralph M. Potokar, 26, of the 1500 block of River Road, Algonquin, and Jacob M. Pierce, 28, of the 700 block of West Highland Avenue, Elgin were each charged with burglary after eight to 10 rings valued at $4,600 were stolen last week from a jewelry store in the 700 block of North State Street, Elgin, according to a police report. The men went into the store multiple times July 25 and 26 asking to look at jewelry. Video surveillance shows both men took the rings. Pierce was also charged with theft after he took two cameras July 22 from a big box store in Streamwood and pawned them at a store in Elgin, another police report said.
• Irwin J. Jones, 50, who police said is homeless, Wednesday was charged with aggravated assault and resisting a police officers after police was called about a disturbance in the 200 block of Douglas Street, according to a police report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close