• Two 17-year-old boys from Bartlett were each arrested Saturday at Merchant Drive and Randall Road in Algonquin and charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, police said. They were later petitioned into juvenile court and released to their parents, police said.
• Laurencio C. Pena Jr., 42, of the 700 block of Joan Court, Elgin, was charged Tuesday with forgery, issue or delivery of a forged document and identity theft after he used a relative's name, birth date and Social Security number to seek treatment at a hospital, according to a police report. Hospital staff members had been alerted by the relative, who had received a bill for services without having been a patient at the hospital. A staff member contacted police Tuesday when Pena came in and used his relative's name again. Pena's bail was set at $30,000 in Elgin bond court. He is next due in court May 22.
• Junaid Ahmad Jr., 20, of the 600 block of Alice Place, Elgin, was charged Tuesday with possession of between 30 and 500 grams of cannabis, manufacture/delivery of between 30 and 500 grams of cannabis, and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. Ahmad was stopped at Big Timber Road and Todd Farm Drive after failing to yield while turning left. Ahmad's bail was set at $50,000 in Elgin bond court. His next court date is May 22.
• A China set "worth thousands of dollars" was reported stolen from a home on the 7N300 block of Route 31 near South Elgin at 12:06 p.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report. The victim was having a dispute with a relative over a will, the report said.
• Rafael Lopez III, 26, of the 300 block of DuPage Drive, Bolingbrook, was charged with aggravated DUI, no valid license and no insurance after hitting a construction barrier near Big Timber and Randall roads near Elgin at 12:22 a.m. Sunday and getting stuck in a construction embankment, according to a sheriff's report.