• Elgin police and sheriff's deputies investigating a complaint about guns being fired at 1:52 a.m. Sunday in the 11N300 block of Russell Road, found firecracker remnants, and more than 150 spent shotgun shells, rifle casings and .45-caliber bullet casings, as well as an unattended fire in a fire pit on the property. People who had entered the house when police arrived refused to answer the door. No charges were filed.
• Ten windows were smashed on an empty, bank-owned barn at 3:15 p.m. Sunday in the 43W100 block of Empire Road near St. Charles. The neighbors who reported it said they saw two people on the second floor doing the damage.
• A black Labrador retriever died after being struck by a hit-and-run driver who drove 15 feet into a yard in the 39W300 block of Route 20 near Elgin, it was reported at 11:24 p.m. Friday. The dog was in the yard.
• Between Christmastime and 11:59 p.m. April 14, someone stole a four-seat 15-foot aluminum canoe out of a yard in the 19N800 block of Winaki Trail, Algonquin. A trolling motor, a deep-cycle battery, a red life vest, a yellow seat cushion and two wooden oars were stolen out the shed next to the canoe, police said.
• Cody J. Nowicki, 18, of the 800 block of Timberwood Lane, Algonquin, was charged with possession of cannabis at 11:27 p.m. April 21 at Western Avenue and Miller Road, according to a sheriff's department report. He was also charged with driving without a light over his rear license plate.
• Someone stole 10 packages of horse bedding at 7:30 a.m. April 18 in the 11N800 block of Romke Road, Hampshire.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close