• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Angelika E. Zaborowski, 32, of the 900 block of West Shiloh Drive, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 8 p.m. April 19 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after she reportedly hid a bracelet, two necklaces, two pairs of sandals and a tank top in her purse. She purchased an item but not the merchandise valued at $148 in her purse, reports said. Her court date is May 8.
• Nicholas Faruzzi, 29, of the 200 block of Forrest Place, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. April 20 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly hid a women's watch in his pocket and put on a pair of cargo pants under his own pants while in a fitting room. Value was estimated at $114. Officers discovered two outstanding warrants for him: one out of Cook County on a probation offense and one out of Buffalo Grove.
• Thieves stole a men's royal blue and silver 21-speed road bike and a cable lock out of a bike rack at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy., between 1 p.m. April 20 and noon April 21. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole 18 tools including saws, air compressor, nail guns, shop vacuum, screw guns, and concrete shears out of an attached garage under construction at a home on the 500 block of North Evergreen Avenue between 2 p.m. April 17 and 8 a.m. April 19. The garage was without doors and the tools were visible from the street, reports said. Value was estimated at $3,860.
• Thieves stole a white 1999 Chevrolet 2-door pickup truck out of a business lot, 605 E. Algonquin Road, between 9 a.m. April 3 and 3 p.m. April 4. Value was estimated at $2,000.
Thieves stole a blue 2005 Dodge Magnum out of a fitness center lot, 320 E. Golf Road, between March 1 and April 19. The car was disabled and the owner had permission to park it in the lot.
• Burglars broke into two vehicles at Good Shepherd Health and Fitness Center, 1301 S. Barrington Road, April 9 and stole valuables out of both cars.
Elk Grove Village
• Burglars forced the overhead dock door off its tracks at J&J Metal Processing, 950 Greenleaf Ave., between 3 p.m. April 13 and 7 a.m. April 15 and broke down drywall to enter the main dock and main warehouse. They used the company's fork lift to remove pallets of aluminum and stole a handcart and dock plate. Loss was estimated at $33,000.
• Thieves stole a 2000 Freightliner tractor out of a lot at 2020 Pratt Blvd. between 9:30 a.m. April 13 and 11:15 a.m. April 16. Value was estimated at $23,000.
• Thieves stole a 1996 Ford Explorer out of a business lot, 2075 Busse Road, between 7:30 p.m. April 15 and 3 a.m. April 16. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Burglars broke into a trailer in a business lot at 840 E. Higgins Road between 6:30 p.m. April 12 and 9 a.m. April 13 and stole all the victim's DJ equipment including speakers, amplifier, lasers, tracers, color machine, bubble machine, fogger, CD player, CDs and Karaoke machine with microphones. Loss was estimated at $10,840.
• Justin M. Litteau, 25, of the 300 block of North Princeton Avenue, Villa Park, was arrested around 11:15 p.m. April 12 at 1000 Busse Road and charged with aggravated assault and resisting a peace officer. His court date is May 22.
• Benjamin Zuleta, 43, of the 2100 block of Williamsburg Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 11:05 p.m. April 12 at the eastbound I-290 ramp and Biesterfield Road and charged wit obstructing a peace officer. His court date is April 26.
• Fernando Benitez, 21, of the 7500 block of Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. April 14 at 500 Landmeier Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is May 15.
• Eric G. Biarnesen, 19, of the 8000 block of North Ottawa, Niles, was arrested around 10:30 p.m. April 15 at 2310 York Road and charged with retail theft. His court date is May 24.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $200 out of an unlocked 1999 Honda Accord in a lot at 924 Ridge Square around 4 p.m. April 11.
• Thieves stole a purse containing a wallet, cellphone and cash from a customer at Walmart, 801 Meacham Road, between 4 and 6 p.m. April 8. Value was estimated at $325.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a customer's purse in a store at 1650 Howard St., between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. April 13. Value was estimated at $900.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Mercedes 2500 van at OR Laser Technology, 1420 Howard St., on an unknown date but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole three statues out of the front yard at a home on the 1800 block of Maine Drive between 9 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. April 15. Value was estimated at $450.
• Burglars broke into a storage trailer at Flood Specialists, 85 Gordon St., and stole four propane cylinders. Value was estimated at $600.
• John S. Foggia, 26, of the 100 block of North Ridgemoor, Mundelein, was arrested April 4 and charged with theft after he reportedly took a smartphone March 26 out of the lobby at the Palatine Police Department, 595 N. Hicks Road.
• Vandals scratched a 2000 Chevrolet truck on the 1700 block of North Laurel between 8:30 and 9:30 p.m. April 14.
• Vandals shattered the rear windshield on a 2008 Honda coupe on the 900 block of East Lilly Lane between 11:30 p.m. April 12 and 10 a.m. April 13.
• Thieves stole ID cards and keys out of a common area at Buehler YMCA, 1400 W. Northwest Hwy, between 7:30 and 9 a.m. April 14.
• Vialy Vaysberg, 28, of the 2400 block of Palazzo Drive, Buffalo Grove, and Edward Merlin, 31, of the 800 block of Bernard, Buffalo Grove, were arrested around 3:40 p.m. April 15 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after they reportedly took six video game remotes and seven games; value was estimated at $380. Merlin also was charged with felony obstructing justice after he reportedly gave officers a false name. There was an arrest warrant for him from the Illinois Department of Corrections for a parole violation. Their court date is April 24.
• Jose Santos, 49, of the 10090 block of Holly Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:50 a.m. April 16 at Jewel, 217 E. Irving Park Road, and charged with attempted retail theft after he reportedly filled a hand basket with merchandise but put down the basket inside the store. A security agent recognized Santos as an individual who matched the description of someone who has stolen merchandise from several Jewel food stores.
• Vandals used gold paint to spray graffiti on two dugouts and the main concession stand at Dolphin Park, 880 S. Park Blvd. April 13.
• Burglars pried the pastor's office door at Immanuel United Church of Christ, 1500 Old Church Road, between 5:30 p.m. April 13 and 7:30 a.m. April 14, removed a window and stole a safe.
• A man was seen walking out of Jewel, 217 E. Irving Park Road, around 10:10 a.m. April 16 without paying for two boxes of box wine. A security agent confronted him in the parking lot and asked to see a receipt. The man told the agent he did not need to show him a receipt. A female driver picked him up by Ralph Wood Park, and they drove down Park Boulevard toward Lake Street.