• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Izabela A. Gierczak, 26, of the 4300 block of North Austin Avenue, Chicago, was arrested March 8 on the 400 block of North Northwest Highway and charged with felony theft.
• Joseph P. Riley, 32, of the 400 block of West Main Street, Barrington, was arrested March 26 on the 100 block of West Main Street and charged with disorderly conduct. An adjudication hearing is set for April 18.
• Tylor J. Smith, 23, of the 100 block of Buffalo Grove Road, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 7 p.m. April 2 on Lake-Cook and McHenry roads and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Erick Rebolledo, 19, of the 2200 block of Nichols, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 4:15 p.m. March 28 on Lake-Cook Road near Arlington Heights Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• James F. Beckert, 53, of the 5000 block of Ogden, Cicero, was arrested around 6 p.m. March 27 at 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road and charged with retail theft.
• Michael A. Wrzek, 24, of the 300 block of Cherry Valley Road, Vernon Hills, was arrested around 5 a.m. March 24 on Aptakisic Road near Buffalo Grove Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole a gym bag after a woman left it in a parking lot on the 1100 block of Windbrooke between 6 and 7 a.m. April 3.
• Thieves stole a flat iron on the 100 block of Dundee Road between noon and 11 p.m. March 30.
• Thieves stole three bottles of liquor at 1160 W. Lake-Cook Road around 2:40 p.m. April 2.
• Burglars stole various tools out of a vehicle on the 100 block of Greenridge between March 26 and 27.
• Miguel Marquez-Antonio, 23, of the 100 block of Old Willow Road, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. March 28 at 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took alcohol.
• Thieves stole money out of a home on the 1400 block of Johnson between March 6 and 17.
Elk Grove Village
• Richard H. Gould, 19, of the 500 block of Burke Street, Itasca, was arrested around 5:20 p.m. March 29 at Arlington Heights and Biesterfield roads and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is April 18.
• Joseph M. Donachricha, 26, of the 1700 block of Van Buren Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. March 28 on Touhy Avenue east of Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is May 7.
• Joshua Gomez, 22, of the 300 block of Hourglass, El Paso, Texas, was arrested around 7:50 p.m. March 28 on the 2900 block of Touhy Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is April 23.
• Bruce S. Mikka, 29, of the 100 block of East Devon Avenue, Roselle, was arrested around 9:30 a.m. March 29 at his home and charged with theft. His court date is April 15.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Toyota Highlander in a lot on the 1000 block of Charlela Lane overnight March 28-29 and stole a stroller, baby car seat base, radar detector and softball bat. Value was estimated at $490.
• Burglars broke into a 2000 Dodge van in a lot on the 900 block of Charlela Lane between 8 p.m. March 29 and 6:30 a.m. March 30 and stole an in-car LCD TV screen. Loss was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a cellphone and cables out of an unlocked 2005 Honda Element on the 700 block of Delphia Avenue between 11:20 p.m. March 31 and 5:30 p.m. April 1. Value was estimated at $280.
• Thieves stole catalytic converters from six company work vehicles at Unique Services, 1447 Howard St., between March 14 and 28. Thieves also took the oxygen sensors from two of the vehicles. Value was estimated at $3,150.
• Julian Jaurequi, 49, of the 400 block of South Belmont Avenue, Elgin, was arrested around 1:20 p.m. March 28 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took razors and razor blades. Value was estimated at $348. According to reports, there are four active warrants for his arrest from Kane County, Rolling Meadows and Streamwood.
• Nicole Bates, 29, of the 5700 block of Bavarian Court, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:30 p.m. March 30 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after she reportedly hid merchandise in Walmart bags and left without paying.
• A Streamwood man was scammed out of $1,800 between March 17 and 27 after he met a woman on Match.com and, after talking with her on the phone and Facebook for two months, he was told that her father had died in England. She told the victim she was unable to pay legal fees for an inheritance to be transferred to her name. He sent $750 on March 17 to someone in England. A week later she told him she needed an additional $1,050 and he sent that amount, too. When she asked for $2,000 more he became suspicious. He contacted police and an officer advised that it was probably a scam.
• Thieves stole a purse and purchases out of a shopping cart after the female customer left them in the parking lot at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, between 9:40 and 9:55 p.m. April 1. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars pried a rear door at a home on the 1000 block of Meadow Lane between 6:30 a.m. March 25 and 9:45 p.m. March 27 and stole a six-shot revolver valued at $390.
• Burglars stole a stove out of a newly-sold home on the 100 block of Nettle Lane between 9 a.m. March 24 and 9 a.m. March 26.
• Burglars broke into a 1998 Chevrolet work van in a townhouse lot on the 1600 block of Mckool Avenue between midnight and 8:49 a.m. March 30 and stole several large tools and toolbox with miscellaneous tools. According to reports, the victim's employer reported a burglary to his work van in Hanover Park during the same time.