• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Michael A. Termini, 28, of the 3800 block of Old McHenry Road, Long Grove, was arrested around 10:45 a.m. Jan. 25 at Target, 1700 E. Rand Road, and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and felony retail theft after he reportedly took a laptop computer valued at $500. His court date is March 14.
• Hugo Ramirez, 19, of the 500 block of West Dempster Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:10 p.m. Jan. 24 at a condominium building on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road and charged with felony burglary and felony possession of burglary tools and was arrested on a mob action warrant out of Cook County Sheriff's Office. Police reports said he pried the coin box on a laundry machine and opened several storage lockers. A witness phoned 911 and officers arrived while Ramirez was still there. his court date is Feb. 27.
• Dennis R. Smith, 32, on the 200 block of Uteg Street, Crystal Lake, was arrested around 4 a.m. Jan. 26 on the 300 block of East Rand Road and charged with two felony charges of aggravated DUI (no insurance and suspended driver's license for a previous DUI conviction) and traffic violations. His court date is March 14.
• A man wearing a dark hat and jumpsuit stole a black mountain bike after the owner parked it inside the first set of doors at the Goodwill Store, 1551 N. Dryden Ave., between 6:45 and 7:07 p.m. Jan. 24. Value was estimated at $900.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $75 out of a customer's open purse hung on the back of her chair at Portillos, 806 W. Dundee Road, around noon Jan. 25. Someone tried to use a credit card in the wallet but it was denied because the attempted purchase was over the card's limit.
• Thieves stole an employee's peacoat with cash and keys in the pockets, draped over a chair in the lab area at a medical building, 121 S. Wilke Road, between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Jan. 26. Value was estimated at $110.
• Burglars stole 39 bags of ice melt compound out of the bathroom area in the maintenance building adjacent to the pool at an apartment complex on the 500 block of South Cleveland Avenue between Jan. 11 and 25. Value was estimated at $330.
• Terrell L. Carson, 25, of the 1800 block of South Mannheim Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2:40 p.m. Jan. 26 on the 1300 block of East Everett Avenue and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Giuseppe M. Bartucci, 23, of the 17W000 block of Fern Street, Willowbrook, and Anthony J. Orrico, 23, of the 100 block of Ashton Drive, Burr Ridge, were arrested around 12:25 a.m. Jan. 27 in the parking garage at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. Orrico also was charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia. Their court date is Feb. 11.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Jeep Liberty in a private school lot at 1920 E. Touhy Ave. between 5:15 and 5:24 p.m. Jan. 24 and stole a cloth bag containing children's clothing and a designer purse containing a pouch with diabetic kit, cellphone, wallet, credit cards, and cash. Loss was estimated at $1,200.
• Burglars stole designer sunglasses, GPS unit, pocket knife, medications, and loose change out of a 2001 Nissan Maxima on the 1400 block of East Jefferson Street between 9:45 p.m. Jan. 22 and 5 a.m. Jan. 24. Value was estimated at $600.
• A man was videotaped stealing a woman's purse in Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, around 11:55 p.m. Jan. 26. The victim had hung her purse on a gaming table while she played baccarat, but she inadvertently knocked it to the floor. The thief picked up the purse, hid it under his jacket and left. The purse contained debit and credit cards, cellphone and jade necklace. Value was estimated at $1,477.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Dodge Intrepid and a 2001 Buick Lesabre in a condominium garage on the 1400 block of East Jefferson Street between 10 p.m. Jan. 23 and 5 a.m. Jan. 24 and stole loose change out of both vehicles and binoculars out of one. Value was estimated at $150.
• Burglars stole a cellphone out of an unlocked 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in a store lot at 819 S. Elmhurst Road between 7:35 and 7:49 p.m. Jan. 25.
• Jacek Obyrtacz, 42, of the 1400 block of Lynnwood, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 7 p.m. Jan. 23 at Costco, 999 N. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a ski mask and two ski goggles; value was estimated at $91. His court date is Feb. 22.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu on the 2200 block of South Lexington Drive between 10 p.m. Jan. 26 and 10 a.m. Jan. 27 and stole the car stereo and an iPod. Value was estimated at $300.
• Juan Hernandez-Ugenio, 34, of the 1900 block of North Green Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 11:40 p.m. Jan. 18 on the 1900 block of North Baldwin Road and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, felony DUI (no insurance and license suspended), and traffic violations.
• Vandals broke off a rear door handle on a 2005 Nissan Sentra on the 700 block of West Euclid Avenue around 8:15 a.m. Jan. 14.
• Vandals punctured two rear tires on a 2011 Toyota Camry on the 700 block of East Rand Grove Lane Jan. 18 or 19. Damage was estimated at $398.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $100 out of a 1998 Jeep Cherokee on the 800 block of East Marshall Court between Jan. 18 and 19.
• Burglars entered a home on the 300 block of North Pondview through the rear door between Jan. 14 and 16 and stole jewelry and a mixer.
• Burglars entered a home on the 100 block of East Cunningham Drive through the rear sliding door between 9:30 and 10:53 a.m. Jan. 21 and stole jewelry.
• James W. Ziegler, 20, of the 300 block of Stratford Circle, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:25 a.m. Jan. 24 on the 1000 block of Manor Drive and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Feb. 5.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, speaker, and car stereo out of an unlocked 1999 Mercury Cougar at a home on the 200 block of Cypress Drive between 8 p.m. Jan. 19 and 1:35 p.m. Jan. 20.