• Tracy L. Krahn, 46, of the 10N900 block of Maple Street in Elgin, was charged with retail theft at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at Meijer, 855 S. Randall Road, according to a police report. Krahn, who worked at the store, is accused of taking a half-pound of raw shrimp and a package of hair dye.
Contact information ( * required )
• A burglar stole an iPod and 120 Norco prescription pills out of an unlocked vehicle between 9 p.m. Dec. 12 and 5:40 a.m. Thursday in the 0-99 block of North 12th Street, police said.
• Douglas William Komes, 54, homeless, was charged with criminal trespassing at 1:42 p.m. Wednesday at the FedEx store at 615 S. Randall Road, according to a police report. He had been banned from the store.
• A business at 211 S. 3rd Street reported that between 10 a.m. and noon Wednesday someone stole garland that was used as a window decoration. It was the fifth theft of Christmas decorations in the last three weeks.
• Antwon D. Powell, 32, of the 2100 block of Roland Drive in Glendale Heights, was charged with armed robbery with a firearm, a Class X felony, according to a police report. He is accused of robbing a man May 19 in a bank parking lot in the 1500 block of West Main Street. Powell was one of two suspects. They took cash, a wristwatch and plastic bag of cigars. According to St. Charles police, they were able to find a palm print on the discarded bag, and on Sept. 27 received a forensic laboratory's report that said the print matched that of Powell. He was arrested Dec. 11 at the Glendale Heights Police Department, and was being held on $500,000 bail in the Kane County jail.
• William J. Colborn, 38, of the 700 block of Midway Drive in Batavia, was charged with disorderly conduct at 7:04 p.m. Friday, according to a police report. He was arrested at the Randall 15 movie theater, 500 N. Randall Road.
• Robert L. Harper, 43, of the 400 block of Franklin Street, Batavia, was charged with disorderly conduct at 1:03 a.m. Saturday, according to a police report. Police had been called to his home at 7:17 p.m. Saturday for an argument between Harper and a woman who also lives there, police said. Harper agreed to leave for the night and stay in a hotel. Police were called back later by the woman, who accused Harper of knocking on windows and sending her text messages.
• A deadbolt lock and a door were damaged in the 1200 block of East Wilson Street, it was reported to police at 11:49 a.m. Thursday.
• A white iPhone was stolen Dec. 7, and a white and blue iPod was stolen Thursday, both at Batavia High School, 1201 W. Main St., police said.
• Someone broke a mailbox in the 43W0-99 block of Smith Road near Elburn between 5 p.m. Saturday and 7 p.m. Sunday, causing more than $300 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• About $848 in unauthorized charges were made on a credit card belonging to resident of the 3N900 block of Ferson Creek Road near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. The charges were reported at 8 a.m. Thursday.
• A truck in the 1800 block of Plain Avenue near Aurora was damaged with white spray paint between 8 p.m. Dec. 12 and 5:09 p.m. Thursday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Kirk M. Hipple, 54, of the 6N800 block of Gilmore Drive, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 after he crashed into a utility pole in the 41W400 block of Silver Glen Road near Campton Hills, according to a sheriff's report.
• A Garmin GPS, valued at $175, was stolen between 10 p.m. Dec. 3 and 8 a.m. Dec. 4 from the 6N400 block of Riverside Drive near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.