• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole an iPod charger and loose change out of an unlocked 2001 Buick Century in a driveway on the 800 block of North Pine Avenue between 10 p.m. Dec. 11 and 8 a.m. Dec. 12. Value was estimated at $50.
• Thieves stole an inflatable polar bear decoration out of the front yard at a home on the 300 block of North Wilke Road between 9:45 p.m. Dec. 9 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 10. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals scratched the passenger-sides of a 2009 Lexus LX570 and 2003 Toyota Camry in a condominium lot on the 3300 block of Carriage Way Drive between 3 and 5:50 p.m. Dec. 12.
• Vandals hurled a beer bottle through the front passenger's-side window on a 2004 Ford Explorer in an apartment lot on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road between 10 p.m. Dec. 11 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 12. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Burglars broke into a car on Deere Park Circle around 11:45 a.m. Dec. 9 and stole a backpack with books, speakers and laptop computer. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Vandals damaged snow fencing in a park at Struckman Boulevard and Appletree Lane around 12:30 p.m. Dec. 8. Damage was estimated at $285.
• Robert M. Rybacki, 33, of the 5500 block of Cambridge, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:35 p.m. Dec. 12 at Arlington and Lake streets and charged with disorderly conduct and DUI.
• Santiago Avila, 25, of the 7200 block of Astor, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:05 p.m. Dec. 12 at Astor and Narcissus and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Oscar Perez, 18, of the 2500 block of Mark Thomas, Hanover Park, and Carmen Hernandez, 28, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, were arrested around 12:50 a.m. Dec. 9 at Hernandez's home. She was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor; Perez was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Anthony Capparelli, 22, of the 2300 block of Leeward, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:25 p.m. Dec. 8 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Vandals slashed two tires on a vehicle on the 1900 block of Nautilus Dec. 10.
• Calvin L. Griffin, 33, of the 300 block of Buckingham Circle, Elgin, was arrested around 2:30 a.m. Dec. 2 during a traffic stop on the 800 block of West Golf Road and charged with DUI, unlawful use of a weapon (a loaded handgun in the car), possession of marijuana and traffic violations. His court date is Jan. 7.
• Zan Khan, 18, of the 300 block of North Walnut Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at his home and charged with public indecency after a woman reportedly saw him expose himself in his car while both waited for a green light at Gannon Drive and Golf Road around 2:10 p.m. Dec. 10. His court date is Jan. 10.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. Dec. 13 in a restaurant lot at 2559 Pratum and stole two laptop computers valued at $4,000.
• Jessica M. Nicholas, 31, and Jeannette Nicholas, 52, both of the 0-100 block of Fifth Avenue, Arlington Heights, were arrested around 5:30 p.m. Dec. 4 at Dominick's, 615 E. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft and criminal trespass to building. The mother and daughter reportedly took a hair growth product and razor blades. Value was estimated at $118.
• Aleksey Shekhtman, 41, of the 5500 block of North Adalbert Cote, St. Luc, Quebec, Canada, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. Dec. 7 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took a personal scanner and portable hard drive. Value was estimated at $178.
• Vandals slashed four tires and shattered the front and rear windshields and two side windows on a 2002 Acura 3.2 between 1 and 8 a.m. Dec. 8 at a home on the 1300 block of Inverrary Lane.
• Thieves stole a fresh-cut Christmas tree out of the bed of a pickup truck on the 1700 block of North Rose Street between 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8 and 5:30 a.m. Dec. 9. The tree was to be set up in the American Legion hall, reports added. Value was estimated at $60.
• Burglars broke a patio door window at a home on the 100 block of North Greenwood Avenue between 1:15 and 5:20 p.m. Dec. 5, ransacked rooms and stole eight wrapped Christmas gifts from a bed in the master bedroom.
• Burglars stole CDs, vehicle registration, insurance papers and a wrench set out of an unlocked 2002 Mazda station wagon on the 2000 block of North Old Hicks Road around 4:15 p.m. Dec. 9. The victim saw three males inside his car. They fled and disappeared.
• Burglars stole a garage door remote, tire pressure gauge, old cellphone and miscellaneous papers out of a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier on the 1400 block of Whispering Springs Circle between 10 p.m. Dec. 5 and 6 a.m. Dec. 6.
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Honda Civic on the 1100 block of East Foxglove Lane between 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4 and 8 a.m. Dec. 5 and stole a phone charger cord and car stereo faceplate. Value was estimated at $110.
• Burglars broke into a Dodge Caravan in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of Dundee Quarter between 5:30 p.m. Dec. 4 and 2 a.m. Dec. 5 and stole a gray canvas bag with passport and papers.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Suzuki sedan on the 2100 block of West Williamsburg Drive between 9:25 and 10 p.m. Dec. 4 and stole a GPS valued at $100 and four packs of bracelet beads valued at $500.
• Allison Rose Deraney, 24, of the 2500 block of Barkwood, Schaumburg, was arrested around 7 p.m. Dec. 11 at Kohl's, 410 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft. Her court date is Jan. 10.
• Urvashibiben M. Patel, 36, of the 2300 block of John Smith, Schaumburg, was arrested around 11:45 a.m. Dec. 5 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took 10 pieces of jewelry. Her court date is Dec. 26.
• James P. Hora, 60, of the 1000 block of North Claremont Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 11:05 a.m. Dec. 5 at Target and charged with retail theft. His court date is Jan. 15.
•R.D. Munson, 54, of the 200 block of South Roselle Road, Schaumburg, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. Dec. 4 at J.C. Penney in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a watch and gloves. His court date is Dec. 26.