• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole an iPod charger and loose change out of an unlocked 2001 Buick Century in a driveway on the 800 block of North Pine Avenue between 10 p.m. Dec. 11 and 8 a.m. Dec. 12. Value was estimated at $50.
• Thieves stole an inflatable polar bear decoration out of the front yard at a home on the 300 block of North Wilke Road between 9:45 p.m. Dec. 9 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 10. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals scratched the passenger-sides of a 2009 Lexus LX570 and 2003 Toyota Camry in a condominium lot on the 3300 block of Carriage Way Drive between 3 and 5:50 p.m. Dec. 12.
• Vandals hurled a beer bottle through the front passenger's-side window on a 2004 Ford Explorer in an apartment lot on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road between 10 p.m. Dec. 11 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 12. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Burglars broke into a car on Deere Park Circle around 11:45 a.m. Dec. 9 and stole a backpack with books, speakers and laptop computer. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Vandals damaged snow fencing in a park at Struckman Boulevard and Appletree Lane around 12:30 p.m. Dec. 8. Damage was estimated at $285.
• Robert M. Rybacki, 33, of the 5500 block of Cambridge, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:35 p.m. Dec. 12 at Arlington and Lake streets and charged with disorderly conduct and DUI.
• Santiago Avila, 25, of the 7200 block of Astor, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:05 p.m. Dec. 12 at Astor and Narcissus and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Oscar Perez, 18, of the 2500 block of Mark Thomas, Hanover Park, and Carmen Hernandez, 28, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, were arrested around 12:50 a.m. Dec. 9 at Hernandez's home. She was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor; Perez was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Anthony Capparelli, 22, of the 2300 block of Leeward, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:25 p.m. Dec. 8 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Vandals slashed two tires on a vehicle on the 1900 block of Nautilus Dec. 10.
• Calvin L. Griffin, 33, of the 300 block of Buckingham Circle, Elgin, was arrested around 2:30 a.m. Dec. 2 during a traffic stop on the 800 block of West Golf Road and charged with DUI, unlawful use of a weapon (a loaded handgun in the car), possession of marijuana and traffic violations. His court date is Jan. 7.
• Zan Khan, 18, of the 300 block of North Walnut Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at his home and charged with public indecency after a woman reportedly saw him expose himself in his car while both waited for a green light at Gannon Drive and Golf Road around 2:10 p.m. Dec. 10. His court date is Jan. 10.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. Dec. 13 in a restaurant lot at 2559 Pratum and stole two laptop computers valued at $4,000.
• Jessica M. Nicholas, 31, and Jeannette Nicholas, 52, both of the 0-100 block of Fifth Avenue, Arlington Heights, were arrested around 5:30 p.m. Dec. 4 at Dominick's, 615 E. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft and criminal trespass to building. The mother and daughter reportedly took a hair growth product and razor blades. Value was estimated at $118.
• Aleksey Shekhtman, 41, of the 5500 block of North Adalbert Cote, St. Luc, Quebec, Canada, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. Dec. 7 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took a personal scanner and portable hard drive. Value was estimated at $178.
• Vandals slashed four tires and shattered the front and rear windshields and two side windows on a 2002 Acura 3.2 between 1 and 8 a.m. Dec. 8 at a home on the 1300 block of Inverrary Lane.
• Thieves stole a fresh-cut Christmas tree out of the bed of a pickup truck on the 1700 block of North Rose Street between 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8 and 5:30 a.m. Dec. 9. The tree was to be set up in the American Legion hall, reports added. Value was estimated at $60.
• Burglars broke a patio door window at a home on the 100 block of North Greenwood Avenue between 1:15 and 5:20 p.m. Dec. 5, ransacked rooms and stole eight wrapped Christmas gifts from a bed in the master bedroom.
• Burglars stole CDs, vehicle registration, insurance papers and a wrench set out of an unlocked 2002 Mazda station wagon on the 2000 block of North Old Hicks Road around 4:15 p.m. Dec. 9. The victim saw three males inside his car. They fled and disappeared.
• Burglars stole a garage door remote, tire pressure gauge, old cellphone and miscellaneous papers out of a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier on the 1400 block of Whispering Springs Circle between 10 p.m. Dec. 5 and 6 a.m. Dec. 6.
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Honda Civic on the 1100 block of East Foxglove Lane between 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4 and 8 a.m. Dec. 5 and stole a phone charger cord and car stereo faceplate. Value was estimated at $110.
• Burglars broke into a Dodge Caravan in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of Dundee Quarter between 5:30 p.m. Dec. 4 and 2 a.m. Dec. 5 and stole a gray canvas bag with passport and papers.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Suzuki sedan on the 2100 block of West Williamsburg Drive between 9:25 and 10 p.m. Dec. 4 and stole a GPS valued at $100 and four packs of bracelet beads valued at $500.
• Allison Rose Deraney, 24, of the 2500 block of Barkwood, Schaumburg, was arrested around 7 p.m. Dec. 11 at Kohl's, 410 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft. Her court date is Jan. 10.
• Urvashibiben M. Patel, 36, of the 2300 block of John Smith, Schaumburg, was arrested around 11:45 a.m. Dec. 5 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took 10 pieces of jewelry. Her court date is Dec. 26.
• James P. Hora, 60, of the 1000 block of North Claremont Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 11:05 a.m. Dec. 5 at Target and charged with retail theft. His court date is Jan. 15.
•R.D. Munson, 54, of the 200 block of South Roselle Road, Schaumburg, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. Dec. 4 at J.C. Penney in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a watch and gloves. His court date is Dec. 26.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close