• A jewelry box containing wedding bands, a pearl necklace, a gold Elgin watch and cuff links was stolen between 6 and 8:25 p.m. Dec. 5 from a home on the 0-99 block of Winthrop New Road near Sugar Grove, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone broke two windows on a 2006 van in the 1500 block of Solifsburg Avenue near Aurora between noon and 3:58 p.m. Nov. 25, causing an estimated $1,000 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 34W600 block of Giese Road near Batavia reported to police on Friday that she received a letter from the Social Security Administration that her monthly checks were now going to be sent to an address in Florida, according to a sheriff's report. She did not authorize this change and put a hold on her November check.
• A resident of the 45W300 block of Saddlewood Drive near Maple Park reported at 7:10 a.m. Saturday that nine unauthorized charges were made on a debit card for a total of $2,280, according to a sheriff's report.
• Ronald O. Blovin, 78, of the 800 block of South 11th Street, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence and improper lane use at 2:07 a.m. Sunday after crashing a vehicle into a ditch near Randall and Bolcum Roads near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Gerald M. Holly, 47, of the 1300 block of West Elmdale Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence and DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent or more after authorities spotted his car near Keslinger and La Fox roads near La Fox at about 3:10 a.m., according to a sheriff's report. The vehicle was partially on the road and partially on the shoulder with two flat tires. Holly also blew a .225 BAC in a breath test, the report said.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close