• A jewelry box containing wedding bands, a pearl necklace, a gold Elgin watch and cuff links was stolen between 6 and 8:25 p.m. Dec. 5 from a home on the 0-99 block of Winthrop New Road near Sugar Grove, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone broke two windows on a 2006 van in the 1500 block of Solifsburg Avenue near Aurora between noon and 3:58 p.m. Nov. 25, causing an estimated $1,000 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 34W600 block of Giese Road near Batavia reported to police on Friday that she received a letter from the Social Security Administration that her monthly checks were now going to be sent to an address in Florida, according to a sheriff's report. She did not authorize this change and put a hold on her November check.
• A resident of the 45W300 block of Saddlewood Drive near Maple Park reported at 7:10 a.m. Saturday that nine unauthorized charges were made on a debit card for a total of $2,280, according to a sheriff's report.
• Ronald O. Blovin, 78, of the 800 block of South 11th Street, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence and improper lane use at 2:07 a.m. Sunday after crashing a vehicle into a ditch near Randall and Bolcum Roads near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Gerald M. Holly, 47, of the 1300 block of West Elmdale Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence and DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent or more after authorities spotted his car near Keslinger and La Fox roads near La Fox at about 3:10 a.m., according to a sheriff's report. The vehicle was partially on the road and partially on the shoulder with two flat tires. Holly also blew a .225 BAC in a breath test, the report said.