• A white 1979 Lincoln Mark V coupe was stolen between 6 p.m. Saturday and 5 a.m. Monday from a parking lot on the 1200 block of St. Charles Street near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. The victim told authorities the car engine would not run and he had planned to restore it.
• Twenty five pieces of jewelry, valued at about $6,600, were stolen between Sept. 30 and Nov. 29 from a home on the 8N600 block of Gingerwood Lane near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. One of the items was a 1965 high school class ring,
• A resident of the 45W300 block of Saddlewood Drive near Maple Park reported at 7:10 a.m. Saturday that nine unauthorized charges were made on a debit card for a total of $2,280, according to a sheriff's report.
• Janel W. Gomez, 25, of the 2200 block of East Jerome Street, Mesa, Ariz., was charged at 1:34 a.m. Sunday with driving under the influence after driving a sport utility vehicle into a ditch near Route 20 and Allen Road near Hampshire, according to a sheriff's report.
• Ronald O. Blovin, 78, of the 800 block of South 11th Street, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence and improper lane use at 2:07 a.m. Sunday after crashing a vehicle into a ditch near Randall and Bolcum Roads near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Gerald M. Holly, 47, of the 1300 block of West Elmdale Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence and DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent or more after authorities spotted his car near Keslinger and La Fox roads near La Fox at about 3:10 a.m., according to a sheriff's report. The vehicle was partially on the road and partially on the shoulder with two flat tires. Holly also blew a .225 BAC in a breath test, the report said.
• A black Chrysler 300 was stolen between 8:30 p.m. Dec. 5 and 7 a.m. Thursday from the 12N0-99 block of North Randall Road near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close