• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars forced the latch on a basement storage locker in an apartment building on the 200 block of South Pine Avenue between 3 p.m. Nov. 10 and 7 p.m. Nov. 14 and stole a men's mountain bike valued at $100.
• Burglars hurled a patio paver brick through a family room window at a home on the 2000 block of Spring Ridge Drive around 12:25 a.m. Nov. 13 but did not get inside because the female resident heard glass breaking and entered the family room. There was a laptop computer in plain view, a "For Sale" sign in the front yard, and no lights on inside.
• Thieves stole three copper downspouts from the south end of Our Lady of the Wayside Church, 434 W. Park St., between Nov. 5 and 13. Value was estimated at $500.
• Matthew D. Slaughter, 23, of the 200 block of North Neltnor, West Chicago, was arrested around 4:15 p.m. Nov. 13 at Route 59 and North Avenue on a Streamwood arrest warrant after fleeing into the wooded area behind the Hanover Township facility following a road rage incident, according to police reports. Liberty Elementary School and the township building were put on a secure building status while officers searched for Slaughter. He was caught and turned over to Streamwood police, reports said.
• Thieves stole a cellphone from a female student at Bartlett High School, 701 Schick Road, around 7:20 a.m. Nov. 14.
• Vandals hit a 2006 Volkswagen Bug on Concord Drive around 3 p.m. Nov. 13, dented a passenger's-side quarter panel and keyed the entire surface. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Thieves stole a brown 1978 Pontiac Trans Am from a parking lot on Humbracht Circle around 11 a.m. Nov. 13. Value was estimated at $30,000.
• Thieves stole a ring valued at $1,000 out of a men's locker at the Bartlett Community Center on Bartlett Road around 12:20 p.m. Nov. 7.
• Christopher G. Beljaeff, 23, of the 8000 block of Kingsbury, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:25 a.m. Nov. 15 at 6768 Barrington Road and charged with forgery.
• Matthew T. Russell, 27, of the 6800 block of Longmeadow, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:10 p.m. Nov. 15 at his home and charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• Steven D. Morgan, 18, of the 1300 block of Alpine, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:40 p.m. Nov. 15 at Greenbrook and Lake streets and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while license suspended.
• Justin D. Jarosz, 20, of the 800 block of Foster, Bartlett, was arrested around 11:25 p.m. Nov. 14 at County Farm and Schick and charged with battery and criminal damage to motor vehicle.
• Marissa Galino, 21, of the 400 block of Lincoln, Elgin, was arrested around 8:20 a.m. Nov. 9 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with theft.
• Thieves stole a cellphone out of a purse at 1075 Lake St. around 7 p.m. Nov. 13. Value was estimated over $300.
• Vandals smashed a driver's-side window on a 2008 Toyota Corolla on the 500 block of Hillcrest between 11 p.m. Nov. 10 and 7 a.m. Nov. 11.
• Vandals pulled 10 sedum plants out of the ground and removed 11 Christmas lights outside a home on the 500 block of Milan Lane between 6 p.m. Nov. 9 and 9:45 a.m. Nov. 10. Loss was estimated at $210.
• A witness saw five juveniles throwing rocks and pieces of metal from an overpass on Barrington Road onto I-90 between 10:05 and 10:14 p.m. Nov. 9. At least one vehicle was damaged, reports said.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 GMC Arcadia in a fitness center lot, 5050 Sedge, between 9 and 11 a.m. Nov. 12 and stole a purse and black shoulder bag.
• Vandals lit toilet paper in a portable toilet in Olmstead Park, 4500 Olmstead Drive, around 2:40 p.m. Nov. 12. The fire melted the plastic paper holder. Witnesses saw three males wearing hoodies and backpacks leave the toilet just before they saw smoke.
• Rebekka K. Laxner, 27, of the 2200 block of West Giddings Street, Chicago, was arrested around 4 p.m. Nov. 10 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after she reportedly took slippers, cosmetics, and trinkets; value estimated at $58.
• Thieves stole a men's wallet, cellphone and padlock out of a locked locker at World Gym, 1546 E. Dundee Road, between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. Nov. 8.
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Nissan Altima in a condominium lot on the 1300 block of Inverrary Lane between 7:30 and 10 p.m. Nov. 7 and stole the ashtray, loose change, backpack, two textbooks and scientific calculator. Value was estimated at $450.
• Burglars broke into a 2010 Honda Civic and 2009 Honda Accord in a day care center lot, 865 N. Sterling Ave., between 6 and 6:14 p.m. Nov. 12 and stole a black diaper bag out of the Civic and a purse out of the Accord.
• Joann Randazzo, 39, of the 1300 block of Medinah Drive, Itasca, was arrested around 2:05 p.m. Nov. 3 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took three clothing items. Her court date is Nov. 29.
• Jeanne A. Abbate, 51, of the 1300 block of Newcastle Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 7:15 p.m. Nov. 6 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took six tops. Her court date is Dec. 21. The charge was dismissed and record expunged.
• Guadalupe Irra, 19, of the 1500 block of Ridgeway Avenue, Chicago, and a 17-year-old Bensenville girl were arrested around 2:40 p.m. Nov. 8 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after they reportedly took cosmetics. Irra's court date is Dec. 21.