Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• John Murray, 20, of the 0-100 block of Mark Drive, Hawthorn Woods, and James T. Stewart, 20, of the 0-100 block of Carlisle Road, Hawthorn Woods, were arrested around 4:25 a.m. Oct. 30 on the 1500 block of Brandywyn Court North and charged with two felony counts of burglary and possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor. They reportedly took a navigation system, iPod and charger out of an open garage. Officers found them in a SUV nearby.
• Cody A. Smith, 18, of the 900 block of Shady Grove Lane, Buffalo Grove, Steven M. Wolf, 18, of the 20500 block of North Florence Avenue, Prairie View, and Shane Robert Taylor, 18, of the 20500 block of North William Avenue, Paririe View, were arrested around 11:20 p.m. Nov. 9 on the 1000 block of North Buffalo Grove Road. Smith was charged with possession of drug parahernalia; Wolf and Taylor were charged with possession of marijuana.
• Charles R. Wilkie, 25, of the 2000 block of North 77th Court, Elmwood Park, was arrested around 4:15 a.m. Nov. 8 on Heritage near Arlington Heights Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI, and insufficient lighting.
• Michael Anthony Itter, 21, of the 2400 block of Randall Lane, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 12:30 a.m. Nov. 8 on Buffalo Grove Road at Dundee Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Daniel Mark Smith, 21, of the 10300 block of Wilmette Avenue, Algonquin, was arrested around 11:55 p.m. Nov. 2 on Lake-Cook Road at Milwaukee Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and traffic violations.
• Nelson Castillo, 37, of the 3000 block of Central Road, Glenview, was arrested around 11:10 p.m. Oct. 28 during a traffic stop on Lake-Cook Road at Weiland Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructed windshield.
• Marnie Nicole Brooks, 25, and Alissa Sammi Brooks, 29, both of the 500 block of Manda Lane, Wheeling, were arrested around 12:05 a.m. Nov. 1 during a traffic stop on Dundee Road at Golfview Terrace and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• A Buffalo Grove investigation resulted in an arrest in Winnetka. An officer retrieved two purses from dumpsters at Willow Grove School, 777 Checker Drive, around 5 a.m. Oct. 25. A neighbor stated that a dark pickup truck had been parked behind the school. The purses contained a cell phone and the officer was able to determine the owner, who saidt hat the purses were in a pickup truck stolen in Pleasant Prairie, Wis. A dispatch was put out for the truck, which was located in Winnetka.
• Thieves stole galvanized pipe and hardware valued at $670 from a job site at 1421 Barclay Blvd. between Nov. 9 and 12. The items belonged to McCauley Mechanical Construction.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle in a fitness center lot, 310 W. Half Day Road, between 9 and 10 a.m. Nov. 12 and stole a purse with credit and debit cards several gift cards, keys and $140.
• Thieves stole a designer watch and two rings out of a locked locker at Highland Park Hospital Fitness Center, 1501 Busch Parkway, around 9 a.m. Nov. 12. Value was estimated at $1,700.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle in a fitness center lot, 601 Deerfield Road, and stole a cellphone between noon and 1:40 p.m. Nov. 12.
• Burglars broke the front door jamb and pried open the rear glass doors at a home on the 2000 block of Sheridan Road around 5:30 p.m. Nov. 9 but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole an employee's cellphone from a counter at Beyer Dental, 200 N. Milwaukee Ave., around 6 p.m. Nov. 9.
• Thieves stole $100 out of an employee's wallet and a cellphone from a second employee at Hair Cuttery, 800 S. Buffalo Grove Road, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Nov. 7.
• Thieves stole several pieces of jewelry out of a home on the 1000 block of Mill Creek Drive between Oct. 1 and Nov. 7.
• Thieves stole a girls' unlocked 20-inch yellow bicycle in a bike rack adjacent to the south playground at Tripp Elementary School, 850 Highland Grove Drive, around 5:30 p.m. Nov. 8.
• A man stole a bed comforter and pillow out of a guest room at Wyndham Hotel, 900 W. Lake-Cook Road, around 9:45 a.m. Nov. 7. An officer discovered that the man uses a number of aliases and has an active arrest warrant out of Georgia.
• A motorist driving a black Honda or Hyundai left the Shell gas station, 50 W. Lake-Cook Road, around 3 p.m. Nov. 7 without paying for gas valued at $55.
Thieves stole an iPod out of an unlocked locker at Buffalo Grove High School, 1100 W. Dundee Road, between 1 and 2 p.m. Nov. 2.
• Burglars stole a navigation system out of a vehicle on the 500 block of Lyon Drive between 8 pm. Oct. 29 and 7 a.m. Oct. 31.
• Burglars forced open the front door at a home on the 0-100 block of Carlyle Lane between 7:40 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. Oct. 30, ransacked rooms and stole money, a safe, jewelry, a TV and a videogame system.
• Burglars stole two subwoofers and an amplifier out of an unlocked car on Oak Creek Drive between Oct. 18 and 29.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle on the 600 block of Hapsfield Lane between 10 p.m. Oct. 25 and 10 a.m. Oct. 26 and stole a navigation system, amplifier and two subwoofers.
• Vandals broke a ground level window on the southeast corner of Aptakisic Tripp School, 1231 Weiland Road, around 9:15 a.m. Oct. 28 and tipped over a portable toilet at the baseball field.
• James K. Young, 21, of the 600 block of Jon Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 1:35 a.m. Nov. 6 on the 1900 block of South White Street and charged with city ordianance possession of marijuana and no rear registration lights.
• Steven Gentil, 19, of the 2800 block of Avers, Chicago, was arrested around 5:25 p.m. Nov. 6 at Kmart, 1155 E.. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a videogame controller valued at $55, removed the packaging and hid the controller in his pants pocket. His court date is Dec. 6.
• A man entered an apartment bedroom on the 1100 block of South Holiday Lane around 10:55 p.m. Nov. 7 through an unlocked door that leads to a parking lot, reached inside a purse on the bed and stole a wallet. A man and his daughter were in the apartment and saw the burglar take the wallet and run away. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a silver 1996 Nissan Sentra sedan out of a parking lot on the 2200 block of Devon Avenue between noon and 5 p.m. Nov. 8.
• Burglars stole three packs of cigarettes and a wallet out of an unlocked 2000 Honda Civic in a driveway on the 1300 block of Willow Avenue between 6:30 p.m. Nov. 5 and 10 a.m. Nov. 6. Value was estimated at $40.
• Mario E. Sandoval, 25, of the 1900 block of Birch Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 7:25 p.m. Nov. 7 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a battery valued at $77. His court date is Nov. 27.
• Dalila Smith, 22, of the 10100 block of Old Orchard Court, Skokie, was arrested around 1:55 a.m. Nov. 8 after a traffic stop at Golf and Elmhurst roads and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. Her court date is Dec. 17.
• Thieves stole a blue BMX bike valued at $180 out of an open garage on the 300 block of South Main Street between 5 p.m. Nov. 4 and 5:30 p.m. Nov. 7.
• Burglars stole a cellphone, gift card, and tan toiletry bag out of a 2003 Toyota Sequoia in an open garage around 8:45 p.m. Nov. 7. Value was estimated at $652.
• Thieves stole two pink bicycles and damaged one padlock in a basement storage locker in an apartment building on the 1800 block of West Palm Drive between Oct. 3 and Nov. 8. Loss was estimated at $112.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $199 out of a gym locker at Holmes Junior High School, 1900 W. Lonnquist Blvd., around noon Oct. 31.
• Thieves pried open three mailboxes in an apartment building lobby on the 500 block of West Dempster Street between 3:30 p.m. Nov. 6 and 1 p.m. Nov. 7. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on a paver brick railroad platform at 11 E. Northwest Hwy. between 1:30 p.m. Nov. 8 and 5 a.m. Nov. 9. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Vandals scratched the entire length of the driver's side on a 2005 Toyota Corolla in an apartment lot on the 900 block of Centennial between 5 p.m. Nov. 8 and 11 a.m. Nov. 9. Damage was estimated over $500.
• Rafael Belmontes, 32, of the 200 block of Walnut Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 3:40 a.m. Nov. 9 on the 100 block of Timber Trail and charged with battery after he reportedly hit, kicked and pulled a woman's hair.
• Rolando Ramirez, 20, of the 700 block of Surrey Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 6:20 p.m. Nov. 4 on the 100 block of Mayfield Drive and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Nov. 20.
• Ericka Goliday, 25, of the 1500 block of Mckool, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:35 p.m. Oct. 20 at her home and charged with possession of drug equipment. Her court date is Nov. 21.
• Brian P. Reilly, 26, of the 200 block of Jervy Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. Oct. 30 at Oak and Lake Street, Bartlett, and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, expired registration and expired driver's license. His court date is Dec. 11.
• Burglars stole a set of disc golf Frisbees out of a vehicle on the 200 block of Butternut Lane around 9 p.m. Nov. 8. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals broke an overhead garage door window at Meyer Material, 1021 Frances Ave., between 6 and 10:44 p.m. Nov. 4 and damaged a door knob, urinal, toilet, fan and several coffee cups.
• Burglars stole a flat-screen TV, three videogame systems, four rings, gold band with diamonds, laptop computer, and iPod out of a home on the 700 block of Larsen Avenue between 2:45 and 9 p.m. Oct. 31. Value was estimated at $3,450.
• Burglars ransacked five unlocked vehicles at separate homes on the 700 block of Surrey Drive between 12:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. Oct. 28 and stole a cellphone speaker out of a 2004 NIssan Quest, a GPS out of a 2003 Ford Econoline van, a cellphone out of a 2002 Mazda MPV, loose change out of a 2006 NIssan Pathfinder, and a pack of cigarettes out of a Hyundai Tiburon. Bloomingdale officers stopped a subject who had several of the stolen items.
• Burglars stole a leather jacket, cellphone and Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device out of an unlocked 2002 Saturn with the engine running in a store lot at 323 S. Bartlett Road around 7:35 p.m. Oct. 28.
• Burglars stole a cellphone valued at $200 out of a 2003 Lincoln Town Car between Oct. 25 and 28 on the 200 block of Brittany Drive.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close