• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Two 20-year-old Hawthorn Woods residents have been charged with two counts of burglary each in connection with thefts from motor vehicles in Buffalo Grove. Bond was set in Lake County circuit court at $25,000 each for James T. Stewart of the 0-7 block of Carlisle Road and John Murray of the 60-100 block of Mark Drive, according to a Buffalo Grove police news release. Police on Oct. 30 responding to a report of a vehicle burglary in the 500 block of LaSalle Drive located a parked vehicle in the area with the two men inside, one of whom matched the description of a person seen fleeing the scene. Property from the burglary and one of a motor vehicle in the 1500 block of Brandywyn Lane was recovered. Additional property also was recovered, but no victims have been identified. Residents of the area who have been victims of vehicle burglaries should call (847) 459-2560.
• Joseph Adam Urban, 21, of the 7700 block of Sawyer Road, Darien, was arrested around 12:50 p.m. Nov. 1 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with felony retail theft after Urban and a male companion reportedly stole toiletries and over-the-counter medications from Kmart, Jewel-Osco at 1500 S. Lee St., and Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St. According to reports, they entered each store, and Urban placed merchandise into a red bag; they exited the store and transferred the items to a blue backpack. Reports said officers found Urban and his companion walking on the 1800 block of Mannheim Road, and Urban, who was carrying the backpack, was the only one arrested. Value of the merchandise was estimated at $930.
• Brendan Hubly, 23, of the 2400 block of Birchwood Avenue, Wilmette, was arrested around 7:10 a.m. Oct. 30 and charged with aggravated assault, battery, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and violation of bond after he reportedly went to an apartment on the 500 block of Seegers Road and accused a woman of stealing his cellphone. He pushed her, grabbed a knife from a dresser and threatened the woman with the knife, according to reports. He was yelling and swearing in the apartment and also in a holding cell at the police department, where he kicked the cell walls for hours, reports said. When he was given lunch, he threw it against the wall, reports said.
• Michael T. Ludwig, 25, of the 300 block of Anita Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 7:10 p.m. Nov. 4 on the 1000 block of East Algonquin Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Dec. 21.
• Roberto Chagala, 29, of the 8800 block of North Robin Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:50 p.m. Nov. 5 and charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance after an officer found him sleeping in the Metra depot, 1501 E. Miner St., and located cocaine in his wallet. A court date is Nov. 9.
• A man, seen on previous security tapes stealing over-the-counter medications at Jewel-Osco, 819 S. Elmhurst Road, was videotaped taking additional medications valued at $2,100 and loading them into a shopping cart. A security agent followed him through the store, but lost sight of him. The offender left through the rear receiving doors before officers arrived but the shopping cart with the merchandise was left in the store. The subject was described as a male in his 30s wearing a black and white Blackhawks cap, tan dress pants and a black sweater. He is suspected in similar thefts in Arlington Heights.
• Three suspects were seen on a security tape stealing over-the-counter medications valued at $291 around 11:50 p.m. Oct. 11 from Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St.
• Burglars stole an in-dash car stereo valued at $250 out of an unlocked 2000 Chevrolet Blazer in a driveway on the 1600 block of East Howard Avenue between 5 p.m. Nov. 2 and 8 a.m. Nov. 3.
• Burglars stole 12 blankets and a pair of sunglasses out of an unlocked 2010 Lexus on thee 300 block of Wildflower between 7:30 p.m. Nov. 2 and 7:08 a.m. Nov. 3. Value was estimated at $460. The offenders ransacked the car and left five blankets, still in their packaging, on the ground behind the car.
• Burglars stole a jacket, reading glasses, debit card, storage access card, 50-100 CDs, bus pass and cosmetics out of an unlocked 1998 Infiniti in a driveway on the 1200 block of East Brown Street between 7 p.m. Nov. 2 and 11 a.m. Nov. 3. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole a flashlight valued at $15 out of an unlocked 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis in a driveway on the 1300 block of East Evergreen Avenue between 7 p.m. Nov. 2 and 7 a.m. Nov. 3.
• A man entered a jewelry store at 1514 E. Miner St. around 2:30 p.m. Nov. 3 and hit a glass display case containing a designer watch six or seven times with a hammer but could not break the glass. He ran from the store and disappeared. Damage was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole a locked 1999 blue Honda Civic parked at a mobile home park on the 800 block of East Oakton Street between 10 p.m. Nov. 2 and 10 a.m. Nov. 3.
• Vandals hurled rocks that broke windows and put dents on a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, 1995 Volvo sedan, and 1991 Nissan 300ZX in an auto lot at 1700 E. Oakton St. between 4 p.m. Nov. 3 and 11 a.m. Nov. 5. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Alexander L. Sahs, 25, of the 900 block of South McKinley Avenue, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 6:40 a.m. Oct. 27 at the police department, 112 E. Northwest Hwy., and charged with harassment through electronic communications after he reportedly sent several texts and phone messages over the last two months, some inappropriate and threatening, to a Mount Prospect woman he knew. His court date is Nov. 27.
• Gulala H. Husain, 49, of the 2200 block of South Ash Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:30 p.m. Nov. 5 at Carson's, 1025 Center Drive, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after she reportedly took a women's shirt valued at $59. Reports said she was angry the store would not allow her to return a previous purchase. Her court date is Dec. 21.
• Thieves stole a boys' red bicycle from a driveway on the 400 block of See Gwun between 3 and 11 p.m. Nov. 3. Value was estimated at $160.
• Thieves stole a cellphone and pair of designer sneakers out of a backpack at the Mount Prospect Park District RecPlex, 420 W. Dempster St., while the victim was playing basketball between 4 and 5:05 p.m. Nov. 3. Value was estimated at $375.
• Burglars entered a bedroom at a home on the 200 block of North Parkway between 7 a.m. Nov. 3 and 2:40 p.m. Nov. 5 and stole several pieces of jewelry.
• Burglars removed a screen, climbed through the window, damaged a cash register by throwing it on the floor, and stole cash and a safe from Chicago Bagel and Bialy, 260 S. Milwaukee Ave., between 5 p.m. Oct. 28 and 12:30 a.m. Oct. 29. Loss was estimated at $6,581.
• Burglars removed a screen and climbed through an unlocked basement window at a home on the 100 block of Lucerne Court between 8:20 a.m. and 8:25 p.m. Oct. 31 and stole several pieces of jewelry, a men's watch, sunglasses, GPS unit, camera and laptop computer. Loss was estimated at $31,550.
• Thieves stole a shopping cart and queen-size mattress out of a common storage room in an apartment building on the 300 block of Woodcreek Road between Oct. 18 and 31. Value was estimated at $400.