• David B. Hauge, 47, of the 0-99 block of East Sandstone Court in South Elgin, was arrested Thursday after a search of his home concluded a yearlong investigation into his possible possession of child pornography, according to police. Members of the Kane County Sheriff's Office and Geneva Police Department aided South Elgin in the search and incriminating pictures and video, police said. Hauge was charged with aggravated child pornography and child pornography, both felonies. If he is convicted of the most serious charge, he could face up to 30 years in prison with no option of probation. Hauge is due in court Friday in St. Charles.
• Two taillights were stolen from a parked 2000 Ford Ranger sometime between 6 p.m. Oct. 27 and 11 a.m. Oct. 29 at Biggers Mitsubishi, 1325 Chicago St., according to police reports. Quinn D. Rickert, 18, of the 1400 block of Easy Street and Alexander J. Dennis, 19, of the 800 block of Bode Road, both in Elgin, were arrested Wednesday in the theft, according to the department's booking log.
• Tevin J. Kyles, 21, of the 200 block of Heine Avenue in Elgin, was arrested and later charged with retail theft after admitting he tried to steal a D2 tablet computer Wednesday from his employer, Big Lots, 204 S. Randall Road, according to police reports. Kyles told police he hid the tablet in a bathroom stall before it was ever shelved in the store and had done so with six other tablets before, taking them at the end of his shift and selling them to others outside of work, reports said. Each tablet costs about $80. Kyles was only charged for one theft from Wednesday while store security searched for surveillance video from prior thefts, reports said. He is due in court Dec. 14 in Elgin.
• An Elgin woman was scammed by someone claiming she won $75,000 in October but just had to pay $1,920 for a tax clearance fee, according to police reports. The woman got a fraudulent check in the mail for $3,650 and used it to open two new bank accounts, transferring $1,028 to a man she spoke to by phone about the prize money, reports said. None of the transactions when through.
• Someone reported being pulled over by a dark-colored car with what appeared to be red and blue flashing visor lights at about 9:40 p.m. Monday evening on Walkup Road near Prairie Ridge High School in unincorporated McHenry County. The car had been closely following the victim's car and was attempting to pass it in a no-passing zone. After both vehicles pulled over, the male driver of the dark-colored car, who wore regular clothes and had no badge or ID, approached the victim's vehicle and yelled. He then drove off without identifying himself or the agency he represented. The vehicle had no distinguishing markings to identify a police agency and had Illinois passenger plates. Sheriff's deputies were unable to locate the vehicle or its driver.
• Marques A. Pinkston, 29, of the 60 block of Silver Creek Road, Woodstock, was charged with driving under the influence and failure to reduce speed after a rollover crash at about 3 a.m. Friday at Route 31 and Miller Road near West Dundee, according to a sheriff's report. Pinkston sustained minor injuries in the crash, reports said.
• A scissor lift was reported stolen by a business on Route 25 near East Dundee on Tuesday, according to a sheriff's report. A company rented the lift and paid in cash for a 30-day rental but never returned it, the report said.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close