• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Arlington Heights police have identified two 17-year-old suspects from Arlington Heights and Palatine in at least some of the recent incidents in which many vehicles have been vandalized with BB-gun pellets, according to police reports. Police over two days were unable to provide information on phone inquiries as to whether charges were filed against the juveniles. In the most recent incidents, overnight Aug. 2 vandals shattered the rear window on a 2004 Honda Odyssey van and 2001 Toyota Highlander on the 1500 block of North Evergreen Avenue, a 2005 Mazda 3 on the 2300 block of North Champlain Street, and put five small dents on a 2012 Ford Escape on the 2400 block of North Verde. The owner of the Ford heard noises and a witness saw a male passenger in a small red SUV shoot a BB gun. Officers stopped the red SUV around 11:30 p.m. Aug. 2 and found an air pistol on a passenger seat. On July 29, vandals used a BB gun to damage eight vehicles in Arlington Heights between 1 and 7 a.m.
• Burglars forced entry to a side door on a 2009 Cargo King box trailer and removed various power tools, including a table saw and chop saw, with a total value over $5,000 from O'Malley Construction, 55 W. Seegers, between 11 a.m. Aug. 4 and 8 a.m. Aug. 6.
• Vandals cracked the windshield on a 1996 Chevrolet Lumina in a hotel lot at 22 W. Algonquin Road between 7 p.m. Aug. 6 and 1:25 p.m. Aug. 7.
• Burglars stole an electronic component case with two speakers, an amplifier and a public address head out of a storage unit at Public Storage, 903 W. Algonquin Road, between July 17 and Aug. 6. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves removed an older purple men's Trek mountain bike from the front yard and replaced it with a maroon 20" women's Cross Town Spirit bike in a yard in the 700 block of South Dryden Avenue between noon and 2:30 p.m. Aug. 7.
• Thieves entered a locked condominium bike room and removed a red Magnus boy's BMX style bicycle valued at $88 from an apartment storage room in the 2300 block of East Olive Street between June 22 and Aug. 5.
• Thuy Kim Huynh, 36, of the 6000 block of North Artesian, Chicago, and Christopher Neil Martinez, 24, of the 2500 block of West North Avenue, Chicago, were arrested around 11:10 p.m. Aug. 7 in a business lot at 600 Metropolitan Way. Huynh was charged with city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia; Martinez was charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Burglars opened an unlocked bedroom window at a home on the 1700 block of Prospect Avenue between 1 and 9:45 p.m. Aug. 5 and stole a closed-circuit television security system including five wall-mounted cameras and one monitor, wooden jewelry box with gold, silver and pearl jewelry, and cash. Value was estimated at $1,850.
• Thieves stole a black 1979 Jeep CJS SUV on the 1700 block of East Golf Road between 7:35 and 8:35 p.m. Aug. 6 after the vehicle ran out of gas and the male driver locked it and left to get gas.
• Burglars stole $500 out of a wallet in an unlocked 2005 Chevrolet Uplander van in an open garage on the 1000 block of South Alfini Drive between 6 and 9:30 p.m. Aug. 7. The offenders dropped the wallet on the driveway, reports added.
• Thieves stole three rectangular steel drain grates from the dock area at the Salvation Army facility, 10 W. Algonquin Road, between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 6 and 6 a.m. Aug. 7. Value was estimated at $300.
• A vandal hurled a baseball-sized concrete rock through the right front glass door at Touhy Avenue Liquors, 1924 Touhy Ave., between 3:09 and 3:14 a.m. Aug. 8. The damage set off a burglar alarm. The offender did not get inside. Damage was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a brown 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee in a parking lot on the 1700 block of East Oakton Street between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 7 and noon Aug. 8.
• Burglars stole a sewer camera valued at $12,000 out of a locked 1997 GMC truck belonging to Trenchless Solutions and parked in a public works lot at 1111 Joseph Schwab Road between Aug. 3 and 8. The keys to the truck were left on top of the rear driver's-side tires.
• Angel C. Murillo, 53, of the 600 block of Pickwick Court, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:50 p.m. Aug. 5 at his apartment and charged with aggravated assault after he reportedly confronted a male acquaintance in a parking lot on the 400 block of West Dempster Street around 2:35 p.m. According to witnesses, Murillo was carrying a folding pocket knife. He walked away when the victim's wife shouted at him, reports added. His court date is Aug. 30.
• Rosa Maria Chavez, 49, of the 1400 block of Willow Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6 at Wal-Mart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took cosmetics and a T-shirt; value was estimated at $50. Her court date is Aug. 27.
• Patrick Revesz, 18, of the 1100 block of Campbell Street, Arlington Heights, and Timothy John Purtell, 18, of the 0-100 block of South Windsor Drive, Arlington Heights, were arrested around 10:20 p.m. Aug. 4 in the playground at Westbrook School, 103 S. Busse Road, and charged with local ordinance consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Vandals broke a kitchen window at an apartment on the 300 block of Hawthorne Circle around 10:15 p.m. Aug. 5. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals broke two flag sticks, broke the glass on a fire extinguisher cabinet, threw the fire extinguisher into a creek, and pulled flowers out of a flower box near the maintenance building at the Mount Prospect Golf Course, 600 See Gwun, between 9 p.m. Aug. 6 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 7. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Burglars broke into a 2011 Ford Econoline work van in an apartment lot on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road between 5 p.m. Aug. 5 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 6 and stole a phone charger and CD case with 240 CDs. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals put a long scratch from the rear driver's-side quarter panel to the side mirror on a 2010 Toyota Yaris in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of East Old Willow Road between 5 p.m. Aug. 2 and noon Aug. 3.
• A vandal hurled an unknown object that cracked the windshield and damaged the window molding on a 2012 Honda Pilot traveling west on the 1400 block of Lake-Cook Road around 7 p.m. Aug. 6. Damage was estimated at $340.
• Burglars stole three packs of cigarettes, three pairs of 3-D glasses, and an air space device out of an unlocked 2003 GMC in an apartment lot on the 300 block of Renee Terrace between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 1 and 5 a.m. Aug. 2. Value was estimated at $850. According to reports, this is the second time this year the vehicle has been burglarized.