• Michael J. Rutherford, 45, of the 9400 block of South Walker Road, Yorkville, was charged with felony aggravated battery in a public place, disorderly conduct and assault at 2:20 p.m. Wednesday after an altercation at South Kirk Road and Cherry Lane near Geneva, according to a sheriff's report. Jody L. Carico, 34, of the 100 block of Laurie Lane, Oswego, also was charged with disorderly conduct and assault. The two became upset when passed by a landscaping truck and both vehicles pulled over. The two, according to the report, exited their vehicle, yelled racist comments at the other driver, and Rutherford is accused of trying to punch the other driver as he sat in his truck.
• Copper grounding bars were reported stolen from three separate cell towers in the 8N400 block of South Randall Road near Elgin at 1:15 p.m. Monday, according to a sheriff's report. The bars cost $500 each and another $1,000 to install but are only worth around $100 in the scrap market.
• A resident of the 35W100 block of Route 31 near South Elgin reported seven unauthorized credit card charges totaling $467 made between April 12 and April 14, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone stole hand tools from a shed in the 40W400 block of Seavey Road near Batavia and damaged an ATV at about 7 p.m. Wednesday, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 35W500 block of Thorncrest Lane near Batavia reported $359 worth of unauthorized charges made between noon Sunday and noon Tuesday, according to a sheriff's report.