• Jennifer L. Hollowell, 18, of the 300 block of Harvest Gate in Lake in the Hills, appeared in bond court Tuesday on charges of possession of a controlled substance, a felony, according to court documents. Carpentersville police responded to a call saying people were smoking marijuana in a car at about 8 p.m. Sunday in the 1600 bock of Sacramento Drive in Carpentersville, police said. Hollowell, sitting in the driver's seat, admitted to smoking marijuana and upon searching the vehicle, police found 15 pills containing methylphenidate, the substance in Ritalin, according to police. Bail was set at $15,000 Tuesday, of which Hollowell must pay 10 percent to be released before her next court date, scheduled for Aug. 11.
• Finger paint taken from a storage cabinet in the room was found on the floor, overhead screen, chalkboard, walls and an American flag in a mobile classroom of Channing Elementary School, 63 S. Channing St., after a burglary sometime between Friday and Monday, according to police reports. A window was broken to gain access to the classroom, reports said, and the room appeared to have been ransacked but nothing was taken. Damages totaled about $500, reports said.
• A door frame was broken and items were disturbed in a burglary between 10 and 10:25 a.m. Monday in the 1300 block of Inverness Drive in Elgin, according to police reports. Many items were moved around and the homeowner noticed a necklace and ring were missing, reports said.
• Two raccoon skins, a skunk skin and a sheep skin were taken sometime Sunday from an apartment in the 0-99 block of South Channing Street in Elgin, according to police reports. The skins were worth about $35 each, reports said. The basement door of the apartment building, which leads to a common laundry room and the rear door of the apartment in question, was forced open and a chain lock was pulled out of the wall, reports said, but a laptop in the same room had not been touched.
• Three vehicles were burglarized between 1 and 4 p.m. Friday at Kountry Pet Resort, 12N911 Route 20, Hampshire, police said. One of the vehicles had its windows rolled down. Windows were broken on the other two. Three purses were stolen.
• A house in the 34W600 block of Illinois Street in St. Charles Township was burglarized between 2:30 and 4:10 p.m. Friday. The burglar broke in through a window in the basement and ransacked dresser drawers and a closet. The refrigerator was left open, and uneaten and a partially eaten hot dog left on the counter. Police believe the burglar used the hot dogs to entice the resident's dog into entering a bedroom, which was then closed. A pair of pearl earrings and a diamond heart-shaped necklace were stolen, police said.
• A house in the 100 block of Old Farm Lane, Carpentersville, was burglarized between 12:45 and 5:20 p.m. Friday, police said. The burglar entered by using a chunk of concrete to break a plastic window in a screened-in porch. A Motorola V325 cellphone and boxes of jewelry were taken.
• Between noon June 26 and noon Saturday, someone stole jewelry and antique U.S. coins out of a house in the 35W900 block of Miller Road near West Dundee, police said.
• Sean A. Miller, 39, of the 41W300 block of Route 20, near Hampshire, has been charged with aggravated battery, aggravated resisting a peace officer, resisting a peace officer, driving with a suspended or revoked driver's license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle, after a crash at 1:20 a.m. Monday on Route 47 at Plank Road near Burlington, according to a sheriff's report. He was found lying in a field next to his motorcycle. Police say he tried to grab the legs of an officer, refused to be handcuffed, refused to walk to the squad car, refused to enter the squad car, kicked an officer's face, tried to bite an officer in the face and bit another officer in the thigh. He also defecated on himself, and had a blood-alcohol level of .255, police said.
• A green Next bicycle was stolen at 4:30 p.m. July 27 in the 200 block of Skyline Drive, Carpentersville.
• Someone damaged a window and an electrical outlet box July 21 at the Fox River Water Reclamation District building at 6N080 Ramona Lane in St. Charles Township.
• Forty-two pieces of jewelry were stolen between April 1 and July 23 out of a house in the 40W600 block of Atchison Drive, Hampshire, while the homeowner was out of town.
• Jeffery A. Heine, 26, of the 7N151 block of Pakan Drive, St. Charles Township, was charged with aggravated assault on a government employee and resisting a peace officer. Police say he attempted to punch an officer investigating a domestic violence complaint, and refused to walk to the squad car.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close