• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Noel E. Liberty, 47, homeless, was arrested around 11:10 p.m. July 9 at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy., and charged with aggravated assault and consumption of alcohol on a railroad platform after he reportedly threatened a police officer with his fist and was intoxicated. His court date is Aug. 3.
• Isidro D. Argueta, 44, of the 2300 block of Nichols, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 1:55 p.m. July 10 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a bottle of men's fragrance valued at $57. His court date is Aug. 3.
• Alejandra V. Fernandez, 19, of the 100 block of Cedarwood Court, Palatine, was arrested around 8 p.m. July 9 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took five pairs of earrings, sunglasses, and seven T-shirts; value was estimated at $391. Her court date is Aug. 24.
• Collin A. Unterfenger, 31, of the 0-100 block of North Dryden, Arlington Heights, was arrested at his apartment after he reportedly took a 12-pack of beer and a bottle of scotch from Mariano's Fresh Market, 802 E. Northwest Hwy., around 8:10 p.m. July 6; value estimated at $98. He ran from the store but officers tracked him to his apartment, reports said. His court date is July 22.
• Thieves stole a diamond engagement ring valued at $800 from a customer at X-Sport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 9 p.m. July 6 and 1 a.m. July 7 after she left it on a chair in a tanning room.
• A man cut wires and took a donation box on a counter in Dunkin' Donuts, 2106 S. Arlington Heights Road, around 8:35 p.m. July 5. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a white BMX bike valued at $269 from the rear of a home on the 1700 block of North Windsor Drive between 8 and 11 p.m. July 7.
• Thieves stole a navy blue mountain bike from a condominium patio on the 1200 block of South Old Wilke Road between 8:15 a.m. and 11:05 p.m. July 10. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole a purple BMX bike out of an unlocked shed at a home on the 1300 block of East Northwest Highway between 7:45 p.m. July 5 and 1 p.m. July 6. Value was estimated at $287.
• Burglars stole a GPS and stand out of an unlocked 2005 Dodge Neon in a driveway on the 1000 block of Watling Street between 11 p.m. July 7 and 6:30 a.m. July 8. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Honda Odyssey at Speedway gas station, 1902 N. Arlington Heights Road, around 2:20 p.m. July 8 and stole a backpack purse with cellphone. Loss was estimated at $700.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Saturn Outlook at Frontier Park, 1933 N. Kennicott, between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. July 8 and stole a purse. Value was estimated at $1,425.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Subaru TriBeCa at Kennicott and Elizabeth between 2 and 4:50 p.m. July 8 and stole a purse valued at $600.
• Burglars stole an iPod out of an unlocked 2011 Subaru Outback in a driveway on the 1500 block of West Oakton Street between 11 p.m. July 6 and 7:50 a.m. July 7.
• Burglars stole a men's blue and silver bicycle out of an unlocked garage on the 1100 block of North Dunton Avenue between July 4 and 7. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a white gold diamond ring, pearl ring, and gold necklaces out of a master bedroom in a home on the 400 block of North Wilke Road between 6:30 and 10:40 p.m. July 10. Value was estimated at $2,700.
• Burglars shattered the front glass door at Hair For You, 737 E. Dundee Road, around 12:15 a.m. July 8 and stole $20 and four designer replica purses valued at $40 out of a display case.
• Thieves stole $3,400 out of a condominium on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. July 6.
• Craig R. Nelson, 48, of the 1400 block of East Jefferson St., Des Plaines, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. July 5 and charged with disorderly conduct, felony harassment of a witness, and harassment via electronic communication. Police reports said he posted on his Facebook page hateful comments about a 45-year-old man who has accused Nelson of battery. Nelson, who lives near the police department, reportedly stood in front of his home screaming as the victim reported the harassment inside the police station. Officers arrested Nelson for disturbing the peace. His court date is July 20.
• Abel Nava, 25, of the 1300 block of East Howard Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. July 9 at his home and charged with battery. Police said he told a 62-year-old female neighbor he was having trouble lighting the pilot light on his stove, then grabbed her while she stood in front of his stove. He told officers he had thought the woman was romantically interested in him. His court date is Aug. 1.
• Paul Frank Holland, 27, of the 1400 block of East Forest Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:50 a.m. July 11 outside his home and charged with battery. He reportedly gave a cabdriver only part of an $11.50 fare and tried to climb out an open rear window. The cabdriver grabbed Holland by his shirt and Holland reportedly struck the victim in his right eye and bit his left ring finger. Holland then climbed out the window and went inside his home but left his wallet in the cab. His court date is July 29.
• Pauline Ziemann, 64, of the 600 block of North Nelson Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6 p.m. July 9 and charged with criminal damage to property after she reportedly drove her 2009 Toyota Corolla into the rear bumper of her female neighbor's 2004 Volkswagen Jetta; damage was estimated at $300. According to reports, both women claim the same parking spot. Ziemann's court date is July 25.
• Thieves stole a boys blue and black dirt bike valued at $300 from the driveway at a home on the 100 block of West Dulles Road around 2:55 p.m. July 7. A postal worker saw four teenagers take off with the bicycle.
• Burglars broke into a 2011 Lexus sedan at Prairie Lake Park, 515 E. Thacker St., between 10 and 10:50 a.m. July 10 and stole a purse with two cellphones and money. Loss was estimated at $530.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a locked locker in a men's locker room at Mystic Waters Park, 2025 Miner St., between 5 and 6 p.m. July 6. Value was estimated at $360.
• Thieves stole a men's green and silver hybrid bicycle out of a condominium garage on the 1300 block of Perry Street between 6:30 and 9 p.m. July 9. Value was estimated at $700.
• Two male thieves stole a women's pink bicycle and a boys blue bike in a mobile home park on the 2900 block of Curtis Street around 12:35 a.m. July 12. Value was estimated at $50. They climbed a fence and rode away.
• Burglars forced open a screen door at a home on the 1800 block of Howard Street between July 7 and 11 and stole a violin and case valued at $100.
• Two teenage boys stole a boy's silver and purple BMX bike out of an apartment yard on the 1000 block of Arnold Court around 9:55 p.m. July 11. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole a purse valued at $300 out of a 2012 Volvo S60 in an open garage on the 900 block of Heather Lane between 10 p.m. July 7 and 7 a.m. July 8.
• Patricia Nowak, 19, of the 1300 block of Jefferson Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. July 6 at Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took a bottle of vodka valued at $50. Her court date is July 26.
• Jacek Obyrtacz, 40, of the 1400 block of West Lynnwood Avenue, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 2:15 p.m. July 9 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took four router bits valued at $131. His court date is Aug. 2.
• Gillermo V. Rodriguez, 24, of the 1700 block of North Rose Avenue, Palatine, was arrested around 11:45 p.m. July 6 in a restaurant lot at 301 E. Euclid Ave. and charged with village ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Abelardo Chapol, 38, of the 2000 block of West Algonquin Road, Mount Prospect, and Fidencio Chapol, 33, of the 1200 block of Mansard Lane, Mount Prospect, were arrested around 9:45 p.m. July 4 outside a store at 1740 W. Dempster St. and charged with battery after they reportedly confronted, punched and kicked a Mount Prospect man. Their court date is Aug. 5.
• A fire in a wooden storage container on the east side of Lube Pros, 790 E. Rand Road, around 6:15 p.m. July 9 damaged the container, exterior metal door and rubber place mats for the shop. Damage was estimated at $3,000. The cause of the fire was not immediately unknown.
• A former employee at Bosch Tools, 1800 W. Central Road, is suspected of using a company credit card to purchase several thousand dollars worth of goods and services for personal use. The person also was in possession of items belonging to the company which the person has refused to return, police reports said. Value was estimated at $18,000.
• Thieves stole a lawn mower valued at $900 out of a yard at a home on the 400 block of South Pine Street between 6 p.m. July 7 and 7 a.m. July 9.
• The state-funded Fourth of July Enforcement Campaign resulted in the following citations: 19 for speeding, two for DUI, one for no valid driver's license, three for driving on a suspended license, 14 seat belt violations, 25 insurance violations and 68 other violations.