• A woman reported Sept. 17 that her debit card had been used fraudulently Sept. 16 to obtain $500 at an ATM in Long Beach, Calif. She last recalled using the card at the Jewel grocery store at Routes 38 and 47, according to a recent police report.
Contact information ( * required )
• Blaine P. Burzawa, 18, of the 200 block of Birchwood Lane in Bloomingdale, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:34 a.m. Sept. 12 in the 200 block of South Main Street, according to a police report. Police saw him trying to pump gasoline into his car at a Mobil station, which had closed at midnight. He and a passenger, Jordan D. Walczyk, 19, of the 1100 block of Azalea Lane in Palatine, were also given tickets for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Julie A. Kopielski, 43, of the 800 block of Shepherd Lane, was arrested at her home at 7:04 p.m. Sept. 30 on a Gilberts police warrant charging her with violating an order of protection, according to a police report. Kopielski refused to post bond, police said, and so was taken to the Kane County jail.
• A Garmin GPS device was stolen out of a vehicle in the 1000 block of Liberty Street between 1 and 4 a.m. Sunday, police said.
• A Cobra radar detector and 50 cents were stolen out of an unlocked vehicle between 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of Stoffa Avenue, police said.
• Marilyn M. Fabrizius, 22, of the 4N800 block Meredith Road, Maple Park, was arrested at 1:33 a.m. Sunday on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting arrest, police said. According to a police report. Fabrizius was pulled over on southbound Randall Road at Brookside Drive, near Elgin, after an officer saw her vehicle cross the center line. Police said Fabrizius failed sobriety tests and later struggled with an officer as she was placed under arrest for DUI.
• Leon R. Peavy, 50, of the 43W700 block of Kenmar Drive, Elburn, was arrested at 7:09 p.m. Friday on charges of assault and disorderly conduct after shouting profanities and threatening a neighbor mowing his own lawn, according to a police report. Police said Peavy appeared intoxicated and was trying to get the neighbor to fight him.
• Leonardo H. Tovar, 39, of the 5N block of Adams Street, North Aurora, was arrested at 1:03 a.m. Saturday on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper overtaking and failure to reduce speed after a crash on the 46W300 block of Route 30 in Big Rock Township, according to a police report. Police said Tovar registered a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.281 after his vehicle collided with another car in a one-lane construction area on Route 30. Both drivers were taken to the hospital.
• An assault report was taken at Hosanna Lutheran Church, 36W925 Red Gate Road, near St. Charles, on Sept. 30, police said. According to a police report, a man cursed at and waved a knife at another man after a meeting of church members on Aug. 30. Police said the victim "had no idea why (the suspect) was acting the way he was.
• Police responded to Little Bit Country Preschool, 00S734 Wenmoth Road, near Batavia, for a report of a former employee making threats Friday, according to a police report. Police said the former employee, who was fired on Sept. 7, threatened to take legal action against the school and "degrade the business to others when she stopped in to pick up a paycheck. She later called the business three times and made more threats, according to the report. Police said officers advised her to have no further contact with the school.
• A two-wheel cart containing scrap fencing was reported stolen Sept. 27 from a driveway on the 06N800 block of Murray Court, near St. Charles, police said.