• Magdalena M. Mejia, 38, of the 100 block of Fletcher Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and charged with retail theft. Reports said she hid three bras in her purse at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road. Her court date is March 9.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Ford Explorer in an apartment lot on the 400 block of South Old Wilke Road between 8 p.m. Jan. 25 and 7 a.m. Jan. 26 and stole a suitcase, CDs and dress shirts. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a 2010 Toyota Camry in a hotel lot at 75 W. Algonquin Road between 7:30 and 9 p.m. Jan. 25 and stole a black briefcase with passport and checks. Value was estimated at $150.
•A resident in the 1000 block of Beechwood Road returned home at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 25 to find the sliding doors partially open. The only item apparently missing was the son's backpack.
• Melissa Renee Marubio, 41, of the 700 block of Garth Road, Wheeling, was arrested Jan. 19 at Twin Rinks Ice Rink on the 1500 block of Abbott Court and charged with theft.
Bryan D. Sledge, 25, of the 5200 block of West Jackson, Chicago, was arrested around 9:55 a.m. Jan. 26 on the 2400 block of South River Road and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana. His court date is Feb. 24.
• A man walked up to a 2010 Honda CR-V stopped at a red light at River Road and Miner Street around 4:25 p.m. Jan. 26, kicked the rear bumper and a passenger's-side door and yelled at the female driver. She feared for her safety and drove away. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars reached through an open window on a 2001 Toyota Camry in a store lot at 1365 Lee St. and stole a purse with cosmetics and a passport. Value was estimated at $100.
• Erik J. Michalak, 31, of the 2400 block of East Oakton Ave., Arlington Heights, was arrested around 3:45 a.m. Jan. 23 at Rand and Central roads and charged with possession of a controlled substance (three different controlled prescription medications) and a traffic violation. His court date is Feb. 22.
• Tereso De Jesus Herrera, 48, of the 800 block of Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 3:20 p.m. Jan. 25 in his car parked in an alley on the 2300 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia (glass pipe). His court date is Feb. 11.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a shopping cart in a store lot at 1902 S. Elmhurst Road around 12:50 p.m. Jan. 24 after the female owner left it unattended. Value was estimated at $157.
• A vandal spray painted graffiti on a parking lot wall under National Telerep Marketing, 201 W. Prospect Ave., between 2:36 and 2:50 p.m. Jan. 24. A man was videotaped writing the graffiti. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Steve C. Laguna, 18, of the 300 block of Highland Avenue, Wheeling, and a 17-year-old male from Arlington Heights, were arrested at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 17 at Meijer. Laguna was charged with retail theft and unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor, and is to appear in court Feb. 18, while the minor was given citations for the same charges and is to appear in court Feb. 17. Store security observed each of the arrestees remove a bottle of tequila, total value $44.98 and they fled on foot after being confronted. outside the store, reports said. Responding officers saw the arrestees running from the location.
• Kelly M. Nelson, 20, of the1200 block of Aspen Lane Elk Grove Village, was arrested at Fairfax Avenue and Rohlwing Road at 9:25 p.m. Jan. 17 and charged with DUI, unlawful possession of cannabis, illegal transportation of open alcohol, disobeying a stop sign and no proof of insurance. Her next court date is Feb. 9.
• Leticia Romero, 28, of the 4700 block of Arbor Drive, Rolling Meadows, was arrested at 2 p.m. Jan. 23 at the Walmart and charged with retail theft. Security observed her take products valued at $60 and leave without paying, reports said. Her next court date is March 3.
• Burglars smashed the front passenger-side window, $500 value, to a 2006 black Volkswagen GTI and removed a radar detector, $400 value, from the dashboard between 5:30 p.m. Jan. 23 and 12:30 p.m. Jan. 24 in the 5100 block of Carriageway Drive.
• Burglars cut the lock to a storage locker in the basement of an apartment building in the 5600 block of Astor Lane between Jan. 8 and Jan. 22 and took a stroller, highchair and suitcase, valued at $480.
• Burglars smashed the front door glass and made entry to Aric Hair Salon, 3995 Algonquin Road, between Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 and removed items including several hair clippers and trimmers, two DVD players and a Nintendo game system.