Vintage Holiday Season returns to Long Grove Nov. 17
Historic downtown Long Grove invites holiday shoppers to rediscover the magic of the holiday season at the annual Vintage Holidays event, Nov. 17 through Dec. 23. This tribute to the classic holiday market has it all - quaint shops, old-world charms and family experiences in the town that FOX News has called one "10 Best Christmas Town in America." Organized by the Historic Downtown Long Grove Business Association, Vintage Holidays 2023 will feature:
• (New) Holiday Walk and Light Up Long Grove: Historic Downtown Long Grove flips the switch on Vintage Holidays 2023 on Friday, Nov. 17 when the town officially lights up for the season. The celebration takes place from 6 to 8 p.m., with shops staying open late, Santa visiting with children, horse drawn carriage rides, and the Annual Bridge Lighting Ceremony at 7:30 p.m., with a special guest appearance by the village President Bill Jacob, who will light up iconic Long Grove Covered Bridge for all to enjoy during the holiday season. Visitors are invited to see Long Grove sparkle with holiday joy and sip, shop, and dine the night away.
• Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides: Beginning Nov. 17 and continuing every weekend through Dec. 23, groups of family and friends can get into the vintage holiday spirit with vintage carriage rides throughout picturesque downtown Long Grove. From the twinkling Covered Bridge to the storefront Christmas trees, passengers are invited to sit back and take in the nostalgia of the holiday season as the clattering of horse hooves leads the way. Pre-registration for the 10-seat carriage is required through www.longgrove.org/festival/holiday-season.
• Roaming Holiday Carolers and Santa: Historic downtown Long Grove will not only feature the sights but also the sounds of the holidays this season too, with roaming vintage costumed holiday carolers setting the tone on weekends in December (visit website for schedule). Additionally, every Saturday and Sunday throughout the Vintage Holidays campaign, Santa will be in town visiting with kids from noon to 4 p.m. Then on Dec. 9, a special Santa event will ensue at the new Long Grove Christmas Tree in the new Long Grove Covered Bridge Park area.
• Holiday Shopping: Visitors to historic downtown Long Grove this holiday season can enjoy holiday sparkle, festive decor and small-town vintage magic every day of the week between Nov. 17 and Dec. 23. Merchants throughout town will be decked out, ready to welcome guests in for shopping, sipping, or dining! Long Grove is the place for a touch of authentic Christmas spirit this holiday season.
• Merchant Open Houses and Promos: Merchants throughout the historic downtown Long Grove marketplace will feature decorations, sales, and specials on merchandise, food, drinks, and more throughout the Vintage Holidays campaign. Beginning Nov. 17 and running through Dec. 23, anyone who spends $150 before tax/tip at any of the downtown merchants will receive a free gift from the Long Grove Visitors Center (maximum of four gifts per person, receipts must date between Nov. 17 and Dec. 23. While supplies last.
Historic Downtown Long Grove is at 145 Old McHenry Road, Long Grove. For information, longgrove.org/festivals/holiday-season.