Ring in the Season at Holidays on the Town in Downtown Palatine!
The Downtown Palatine Business Association (DPBA) is kicking off the holiday season with their fun and festive night out at the Holidays on the Town (HOTT) event from 5-9 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 19.
The DPBA Holiday Trolley will whisk guests around the downtown to 18 participating locations to enjoy a vast selection of holiday specials, food, drinks, entertainment and more. The first stop is at Durty Nellie's (180 N. Smith St.) starting at 5 p.m.; guests are encouraged to utilize the Gateway Parking Garage behind Durty Nellie's before kicking off the evening.
Passports provide entrance into the event and rides on the DPBA Holiday Trolley - and can be purchased now online at Venmo (search: @Downtown-Palatine) or on the night of the event at any participating location for $10.
Guests can have their passports stamped at any location during the event to be entered to win the store's individual raffle, and the "Rudolph Raffle" where winners will take away one of two baskets filled with gift cards from DPBA members! And, don't forget to take a selfie with Santa Claus - he'll be spreading holiday cheer throughout the evening and visiting each location so be on the lookout and keep your ears perked for a jolly "ho, ho, ho!"
"We are celebrating the comeback of this popular event enjoyed by hundreds of our local residents over the years as we look to the start of the holiday season,"said DPBA President Mica Mahler, who also co-owns Cook, Cork and Fork. "Holidays on the Town is a fabulous way to spend a night out with friends or family while supporting our small businesses who have worked hard to stay in business. I invite you to learn more about the DPBA members and browse the treasures in our shops and storefronts."
HOTT features special offers, sales, product demonstrations and giveaways, and the opportunity to get a head start on your holiday shopping! Guests will also be treated to wine tastings, hors d'oeuvres and sweet treats at select locations!
Participating businesses and their special offers include:
• Allstate Agent Tony Gambino: Win a $75 Mario Tricocci gift card when you sign up for a price comparison on your insurance.
• American Legion: Drink specials, free pudding shot, T-shirt giveaways and more.
• Anne's Unique Boutique: Get 20-50% off select items.
• Arete Salon & Spa: Enjoy special deals on client favorites - including pampering hair and skin treatments - and signature HOTT- only services!
• Bright Spot Public Relations: Giveaways (inside Madcats)
• CC Additudes: Get 20-50% off items storewide.
• Cook, Cork & Fork: Knife skills and pasta making demos, wine and olive oil tastings, 10% off regular priced merchandise and select cooking classes (exclusions apply).
• Durty Nellie's: Get 10% off your bill with a food purchase, show your HOTT bag for free admission to Wedding Banned (performing that night) and receive a raffle ticket to win a $200 bar tab (must be present to win-drawing at 8:30 p.m.).
• eyebrWOW: Win ½ off one full service of your choice.
• Foxglove Cottage: Get 15% off highest priced item (excludes Nora Fleming & consignment).
• Garfield's Beverage Warehouse: Wine tastings.
• Illuminate Therapy and Wellness: Participants can create an essential oil and a Good Fortune holiday tassel/car ornament (inside Cook, Cork & Fork).
• JL's Pizza & Sports Bar: Dessert and wine specials.
• Madcats: Food and drink specials - attend an after-party event (starting at 9 p.m.) with live music by blues musician Ivy Ford. Show your HOTT event bag for free admission!
• Palatine Bank & Trust: Refreshments, treats and a giveaway for passport holders while supplies last (open 5-7 p.m.).
• Palatine Historical Society: Holiday cookies to enjoy!
• Pan American Bank & Trust: Small bites, wine tastings and learn about Concierge Banker services.
• Shoppe the Mill: In-store raffles all night.
• Tap House Grill: Complimentary drink when you show your event bag/passport.
• The Music Room: One free music lesson ($40 value) when you sign up for a month of lessons OR when you purchase an instrument priced $100 or more; 20% off ALL merchandise.
Thank you to "Deck the Hall" sponsors The Laura Cartwright Home Team, Palatine Bank & Trust, Consumers Credit Union and John & Scott's Complete Automotive Repair.
For information about all the DPBA businesses and the organization, visit DowntownPalatine.org.