Learn how to make cream puffs, eclairs with St. Charles library program Aug. 3
On Tuesday, Aug. 3, the St. Charles Public Library will host the online program, "Cream Puffs, Eclairs and Gougères" at 7 p.m. via Zoom.
Expert pastry chef Jessica Ellington will demonstrate how to turn a classic pastry dough (pâte à choux) into elegant, delicious treats using just a few simple ingredients and your imagination.
Pâte à choux is a classic French dough typically used to make éclairs. Once you master the basic dough technique, you can create a variety of treats, both sweet and savory.
During this 90-minute virtual program, Ellington will demonstrate how to create éclairs, cream puffs and gougères.
She is an executive pastry chef with a decade of experience at some of Chicago's top restaurants, restaurant groups and bakeries.
Registration is required at scpld.libnet.info/event/5103467. You will receive a link to Zoom and copies of the recipes a few days prior to the program.
The library also offers a variety of programs for youth. Sign up at scpld.libnet.info/event/.
• Terrace Garden Story Time is offered for all ages on Wednesday and Friday, July 28 and 30, between 10 and 10:20 a.m. Join this in-person story time in the new terrace garden, weather permitting! Spaces are limited to allow for social distancing. Registration is required.
• Ozobot Coding for third to fifth-graders will be offered twice on Thursday, July 29. It will be 1 to 1:45 p.m. and 3 to 3:45 p.m. Have some fun with screen-free coding with Ozobots! Cute little robots that read color coding. Registration is required.
• A new StoryWalk will be posted Sunday, Aug. 1, at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve. Enjoy the great outdoors and a great story! The StoryWalk Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Follow the link for a map of the StoryWalk location.
• Getting Excited About Science will be offered for kindergarten to eighth grade on Sunday, Aug. 1, from 2 to 2:45 p.m. Join in amazing science demonstrations with Steve Belliveau! Prepared to be astonished at the science principles of everyday life, including the science of color, which matches our Summer Reading theme, "Reading Colors Your World!" Registration is required.
• Crafternoon: Floating Chalk Prints for all ages will be on Monday, Aug. 2 at 1 p.m. Visit scpld.libnet.info/event/5120896 for a list of supplies and to access the virtual program.
• All Ages Story Time will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3. Join this live story time for kids and parents alike. Register at scpld.libnet.info/event/5120880 for a link to join the program via Zoom.