Fox River Valley Libraries to reopen buildings to the public Feb. 8
The Dundee Library and Randall Oaks Library will welcome patrons back into their buildings starting Monday, Feb. 8. The last day for curbside pickup will be Sunday, Feb. 7.
Patrons are invited back to browse and make their selections for checkout, but will be unable to linger or gather and are asked to limit their visit to 60 minutes. Social distancing procedures will be practiced, and masks will be required to enter the library. Capacity limits will be followed, and patrons will be asked to wait for entry if necessary. Home delivery service will continue.
The Dundee Library is located at 555 Barrington Ave. (Route 68) in East Dundee. The Randall Oaks Library is located on the lower level of the Randall Oak Recreation Center, 500 N. Randall Road in West Dundee.
The district looks forward to welcoming patrons back into the buildings to offer the following services:
• License plate renewal will be available at the Dundee Library.
• Printing service will be available. Up to 20 pages can be printed free of charge. Email items to be printed and picked up at the Dundee Library to email@example.com. Email items to be printed and picked up at the Randall Oaks Library to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Cold Suppers" for kids 18 and under can be picked up at the Dundee Library from 3 to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Tax forms will be available at the Dundee Library. Hard copies of 1040 forms are available, and the library will print up to 20 pages of other forms for free. Tax forms can also be printed at the Randall Oaks Library.
• Notary service will be by appointment only at both locations. Please call (847) 428-3661 to make an appointment.
Other services available at the Dundee Library include 3-D Printing and voter registration.
One-on-one tech appointments are not yet available in person, but this service is available via Zoom or phone.
There are no in-person programs, classes, and storytimes at this time. Visit the calendar of virtual events for all ages at www.frvpld.info/events/upcoming.
The following services are not yet offered at the libraries: public computers; faxing service; digital conversion equipment; scanning; newspapers; or toys and games in the youth services department.
Currently, they are not accepting donations of books, DVDs, etc.
The library will return to regular hours of operation. The Dundee Library will be open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. The Randall Oaks Library will be open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
For more information about the Fox River Valley Libraries, visit www.frvpld.info or call (847) 428-3661.
The Fox River Valley Public Library District serves 70,000 residents of Carpentersville, East Dundee, West Dundee, Sleepy Hollow, Gilberts, and parts of Algonquin.