Naperville Park District's free summer events begin July 7
Naperville Park District invites the community to enjoy three favorite summer outdoor events: "Children's Lunch Hour Entertainment," beginning Tuesday, July 7; "Concerts in Your Park," starting Sunday, July 12; and "A Night at the Movies," beginning Friday, July 24.
"We are happy to announce dates and performers for these free, family-friendly events," said Andrea Coates, superintendent of recreation. "We urge residents to review the COVID-19 Participation Guidelines for outdoor events found at www.napervilleparks.org prior to attending."
Those planning to attend any of these events are asked to complete a self-assessment for symptoms of COVID-19 and refrain from attending if any symptoms are present. At the event, guests must maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet from people not in their household and wear a face covering if the minimum distance cannot be maintained. Other instructions are included in the participation guidelines.
"Children's Lunch Hour Entertainment," presented by Living Well Dental Group, features a variety of performers who engage children and entertain the whole family. Shows take place from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Tuesdays in several different locations. The schedule is as follows:
• Miss Jamie from the Farm on Tuesday, July 7, at Frontier Park, 3415 Book Road. Visit miss-jamie.com.
• Todd Downing on Tuesday, July 14, at Riverwalk Grand Pavilion, 912 Sindt Court. Visit todddowningmusic.com.
• Circus Boy on Tuesday, July 21, at 95th Street Community Plaza, 3109 Cedar Glade Drive. Visit circusboy.com.
• On Tuesday, July 28, with a performer TBD at Riverwalk Grand Pavilion, 912 Sindt Court.
• Scribble Monster on Tuesday, Aug. 4, at 95th Street Community Plaza, 3109 Cedar Glade Drive. Visit scribblemonster.com.
• Super Stolie on Tuesday, Aug. 11, at Riverwalk Grand Pavilion, 912 Sindt Court. Visit superstolie.com.
Other sponsors of Children's Lunch Hour Entertainment include Visit Naperville, Aurelio's Pizza, Sourcebooks and Texas Roadhouse. Food Sponsors are Kona Ice, John's Rib House and Billy Bricks.
"Concerts in Your Park" is a Sunday evening music series that brings concerts to different parks throughout the city. These locations were selected by online voting in January 2020. Concerts run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. These concerts are free events, thanks to the support of several sponsors, including Visit Naperville, Team Miller of Keller Williams Realty Infinity, Ted's Montana Grill, FBC, Homewatch Caregivers and Renewal by Andersen. Food sponsors are John's Rib House, Billy Bricks and Kona Ice.
The concert schedule and locations are as follows:
• July 12 -- Arrowhead Park, 711 Iroquois Ave.;
• July 19 -- Winding Creek Park, 144 W. Bailey Road;
• July 26 -- Tall Grass Park, 3512 Grassmere Road;
• Aug. 2 -- Queensbury Greens, 1520 Brookdale Road;
• Aug. 16 -- Gartner Park, 524 W. Gartner Road;
• Aug/ 23 -- Ashbury Park, 1740 Conan Doyle Road.
"A Night at the Movies" is returning for its third season as a free, family-friendly movie series with varying times and locations. All 2020 shows will take place on Friday evenings, with July movies beginning at 8:30 p.m., August shows starting at 8 p.m. and the September show beginning at 7:30 p.m. Movie titles and locations are as follows:
• "Toy Story 4" at 8:30 p.m. Friday, July 24, at 95th Street Community Plaza, 3109 Cedar Glade Drive.
• "Frozen II" at 8:30 p.m. Friday, July 31, at Rotary Hill, 443 Aurora Ave.
• "Wonder" at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, at Rotary Hill, 443 Aurora Ave.
• "Captain Marvel" at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11, at 95th Street Community Plaza, 3109 Cedar Glade Drive.