St. Charles library to host 'Great Decisions' series
The St. Charles Public Library, 1 S. Sixth Ave., offers a variety of programs this month. For details, call (630) 584-0076 or visit www.scpld.org.
• This month's "Great Decisions," America's largest discussion program on world affairs administered and produced by the Foreign Policy Association, will focus on "The United States and Mexico: Partnership Tested" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, in the Bisbee Conference Room.
The annual series features a DVD on each topic, followed by a moderated discussion among the participants. Participants are asked to review the relevant chapter of the Great Decisions briefing book, which is available for purchase at the library's Reference Desk or to check out. Registration is not required.
The Foreign Policy Association is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to broadening public involvement with the most important foreign policy issues facing the United States. Each year, thousands take part in the Great Decisions discussion groups around the country to increase their awareness and understanding of U.S. foreign policy concern
• The Preschool Fair will be Wednesday, Nov. 20, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Find the right preschool or child-care center for your child. Discover local St. Charles preschools and child-care centers, meet and greet staff from the schools, and ask questions. Families are welcome to attend with children. Open attendance; drop in at any time during the event.
• Express Yourself for grades K to 5 is Wednesday, Nov. 20, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Come create your own beautiful arts and crafts masterpiece in our open crafts session! Drop in to attend.
• Drop-In Story Time for all ages is offered Mondays through Thursdays from 10 to 10:30 a.m. until Nov. 21. Join us for stories, music and movement.
• Get Up and Move, BABY! for birth through age 2 with a caregiver is Mondays until Nov. 18 from 3 to 3:30 p.m. Play, sing, dance, and move with us! Drop in to attend.
• Stories and Snacks Drop-In Story Time for all ages is offered Tuesdays from 6:30 to 7 p.m. until Nov. 19. Wear your pajamas for stories, music, movement and a special bedtime snack.
• Sensory Stories and Play for all ages is Thursdays from 11 a.m. to noon until Nov. 21. Join us for an extra wiggly storytime, followed by a time to play with other children and meet other caregivers. Designed with sensory differences in mind and open to all. Drop in to attend.