Nicor Gas begins system upgrades in Itasca
Nicor Gas is making meaningful investments in modernizing and improving its natural gas infrastructure to ensure every customer's energy needs are met safely and reliably.
Investing in Illinois, a Nicor Gas system improvement initiative, is a multiyear program to replace aging natural gas pipelines, move natural gas meters from inside homes and businesses to outside, upgrade natural gas storage systems and refurbish stations that regulate the natural gas pressure in our system. To date, $1.25 billion has been invested in infrastructure modernization and improvements, and the work is continuing.
Investing in Illinois work is under way in Itasca in the areas of:
• 100 block of First Street;
• 300-600 blocks of Arlington Road;
• 100-500 blocks of Bloomingdale Road;
• 200-400 blocks of Bonnie Brae Avenue;
• 300-400 blocks of Briar Place;
• 200 block of Catalpa Avenue;
• 200-400 blocks of Center and Cherry streets;
• 500-600 blocks of Country Club Lane and Country Club Drive;
• 300-400 blocks of Division Street;
• 200-600 blocks of Elm Street;
• 200-300 blocks of Forest and George streets, and Grove Avenue;
• 600-900 blocks of Greenview Road;
• 200-400 blocks of Home Avenue;
• 100-900 blocks of Irving Park Road;
• 300-400 blocks of Lombard Road;
• 100-400 blocks of Maple Street;
• 100-900 blocks of North Street;
• 200-400 blocks of Oak Street;
• 100 block of Orchard Street;
• 300 block of Parkside Avenue;
• 200-300 Princeton Avenue;
• 400 block of Valley Road;
• 100-400 blocks of Walnut and Washington streets;
• 300-400 blocks of Willow Street
Customers impacted by these modernization efforts will be contacted by Nicor Gas, either by a newsletter highlighting the system improvements and project details, a door hanger left at their home or an in-person visit from one of Nicor Gas' employees or contractors.
"Nicor Gas is committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable natural gas for our customers, our neighbors and our communities," said Pat Whiteside, Nicor Gas vice president of business support. "The improvements we are making to our infrastructure through Investing in Illinois will allow us to continue to deliver natural gas safely and reliably to our customers while spurring the state's economy by bringing jobs, business and investments to our region."
For information about Investing in Illinois, call (630) 388-3333, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nicorgas.com/residential/work-in-your-neighborhood.