Arlington Heights Chamber celebrates members' successes
The Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce announces its 2018 Success Award nominees that will be celebrated at the 72nd annual Awards and Recognition Gala Friday, Jan. 25, at the Arlington International Racecourse.
In addition to the award celebration, the 2019 board of directors and its incoming board chairman, David Jaffe, will be inducted.
"This event is a great celebration of the successes of the past year and highlights the excitement we carry over into 2019," said Jon Ridler, chamber executive director. "We have over 250 members come to enjoy the gala and support their friends, colleagues and peers."
This year's nominees include:
• Business of The Year: Arlington Ale House, Daily Herald/Paddock Publications, Erdman Exteriors & Construction and Fitness 19
• Small Business of The Year: Bottle & Bottega -- Arlington Heights, JRS Mar/Com, School of Rock -- Arlington Heights and Marc Poulos Painting and Decorating
• Emerging Business of The Year: Waverly Inn Memory Care, Dental Clinique PC, Hey Nonny and Woodcrafter DIY Studios
• Not for Profit Organization of The Year: Arlington Heights Historic Museum, Arlington Cares, Lions Club of Arlington Heights and Live4Lali, Inc.
• Business Leader of The Year: Colin Gilbert, Tuscan Market & DGAA; David Jaffe, @properties; Mary Cay Chisholm, Northwest Speech and Hearing; and Teresa VanOpdorp, Marketing & More Group
• Volunteer of The Year: Candice Benda, Susan Holmbraker and John Corbett, Mike Clement and Matt Staley
• Community Leader of The Year: Steve Daday, Mike Sidor, Joe Musolino and Laurie Taylor.
Winners of each category will be announced live at the event. Following the program will be a celebration time with raffles, casino play and the music of Exit 147.