7 finalists to compete in Naperville Battle of the Bands May 11
Seven Naperville area high school rock bands will compete in the 15th annual Naperville Park District Youth Ambassadors Battle of the Bands on Friday, May 11.
The free event will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. outdoors at the Community Concert Center in Central Park, 104 E. Benton Ave.
The community is welcome to attend and cheer on these talented musicians.
The bands were selected as finalists based on the quality of their demo recordings that they submitted to the Naperville Park District. Performances will be followed by the awarding of the top honors. The order of performance will be as follows:
• 5 p.m.: Laconia from Waubonsie Valley High School
• 5:25 p.m.: Ethel Shank from Naperville Central High School
• 5:50 p.m.: Erik M Trio from Neuqua Valley High School
• 6:15 p.m.: Stellar West from Neuqua Valley and Naperville Central high schools
• 6:40 p.m.: Unelected Officials from Neuqua Valley High School
• 7:05 p.m.: The Boys from Neuqua Valley High School
• 7:25 p.m.: Joyce Lane from Neuqua Valley High School
The first place winner will perform at Ribfest at a time to be determined and will advance to the Illinois Park District Association's Regional Battle of the Bands with a chance to perform at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield. The second and third place winners will play at the Frontier Kite Fly Festival on June 3.
The Youth Ambassadors is a group of high school students who work with the Naperville Park District to plan communitywide special events for teens each year.