Columns | It's time for fall season in some sports to be put on hold
The time has come for the state and Illinois High School Association to put some fall sports on an indefinite hold.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Shaw expects to return to Blackhawks next seasonAndrew Shaw, out since December with a concussion, took to Instagram on Monday night to tell Blackhawks fans that he expects to return for the 2020-21 campaign. "Doing well and getting better every day," Shaw wrote. "I feel healthy and am close to fully being healed from not just my last concussion, but from others I have had over the years."
Cubs | Ross back with Cubs after being 'miserable' waiting for test resultsCubs manager David Ross returned to Wrigley Field after being "miserable" sitting out Monday's workout.
Columns | Rozner: Eddie O raring to go with playoff hockeyEddie Olczyk has no idea who's going to win it all, but he does know the keys to surviving the Sprint Cup.
Fire | Bolingbrook's Pineda scores game-winner for Chicago FireThe Chicago Fire defeated the Seattle Sounders in the Fire's opening game at the MLS is Back tournament in Orlando.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks return to ice, but Crawford is 'unfit to play'On the first day of Chicago Blackhawks training camp Monday, veteran goalie Corey Crawford was deemed "unfit to play."
Prep Sports | Clubhouse Chatter: Suggest a new name for NFL's Washington teamClubhouse Chatter: Here are a few proposals for the name change of Washington's NFL team.
Prep Sports | IHSA will now defer to state agencies for guidanceThe Illinois High School Association announced on Tuesday afternoon that it will defer to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois State Board of Education and the governor's office on all of its Return To Play guidelines moving forward.
Prep Football | No ignoring reality that Red Grange Classic won't happenWheaton Warrenville South's annual Red Grange Classic is regarded as one of the state's top 7-on-7 tournaments. It won't take place this summer, however, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to delay the return of football.
Prep Sports | Hersey names Glenbrook South grad Nabolotny to lead boys lacrosse programGlenbrook South graduate Mike Nabolotny has been tabbed as the first boys lacrosse coach at Hersey High School.
White Sox | With Moncada absent, Vaughn, Mercedes give White Sox depth at third baseYoan Moncada should be back from the injured list and rejoining the White Sox soon. In the meantime, first baseman Andrew Vaughn and catcher Yermin Mercedes have been logging time at third base.
- 6:29 PMYanks' Tanaka unsure whether he can take 1st rotation turn
- 6:28 PMCubs 1B Anthony Rizzo dealing with back trouble
- 6:02 PMMATCHDAY: Liverpool at Arsenal chasing record PL points haul
- 5:59 PMPuig picks Braves, Glasnow makes strong return to Rays
- 5:40 PMBenfica wins to keep Porto from clinching Portuguese title
- Prep FootballIt's time for fall season in some sports to be put on hold
- Prep SportsIHSA will now defer to state agencies for guidance
- Prep FootballNo ignoring reality that Red Grange Classic won't happen
- Prep FootballIHSA exec: Decisions on how to return must be made in next 2 weeks
- NewsLake Zurich District 95 suspends all sports camps after athletes test positive for COVID-19
- Prep SportsHersey names Glenbrook South grad Nabolotny to lead boys lacrosse program
- Prep FootballNo more contact (for now) in high school practices as IHSA tightens Phase 4 guidelines
- Prep SportsFull plate: High school athletic trainers tending to more than injuries
- Prep Sports'Virtual' fist-bumps: High school baseball returns amid the pandemic
- Prep FootballIllinois has worked hard to get prep sports started. Can we keep it up?
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Michigan State
- Prep SportsHoffman Estates soccer legend Ken Snow dies
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Suggest a new name for NFL's Washington team
- Des Plaines'Someone who never quit': Des Plaines man dies a month after motorcycle crash
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Name your all-time NBA starting five
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more