Prep Sports | Low-risk high school sports return for some regions, but not in suburbs
Gov. J.B. Pritzker loosened mitigations in some regions Friday, opening the door for low-risk sports to resume.
Prep Football | Grant Blaney, Buffalo Grove coaching legend, dies at 86Grant Blaney, who led the Buffalo Grove High School football team to the 1986 Class 6A title, died Tuesday at 86.
Prep Sports | IHSA board: No change to current status of sports. Board will meet again Jan. 27The Illinois High School Association's highly anticipated board of directors meeting Wednesday ended with little change to the current state of winter sports.
Columns | Why the IHSA board needs to roll out a plan, and here are some suggestionsThe Illinois High School Association staff and board of directors meet Wednesday, and it could be their most challenging meeting since the pandemic hit last March.
Girls' Basketball | Rosenfeldt, Whitley step into bigger roles at UABThe University of Alabama at Birmingham has six Illinois players on its roster including Geneva's Margaret Whitley and St. Charles East's Sara Rosenfeldt.
Prep Sports | Larkin grad Sienko continues to savor coaching career with DodgersBeing in the right place at the right time has paid big dividends for 1993 Larkin High School graduate Ryan Sienko, not to mention his interaction with one legendary baseball icon who recently passed away.
Prep Sports | Geneva grad Turnbull makes professional soccer debut in EnglandGeneva graduate Duncan Turnbull made his professional soccer debut this week in England for Portsmouth FC.
Prep Sports | Former Judson coach Taylor lands North Central softball jobNorth Central College hired former Judson University softball coach Venus Taylor as its new coach. Taylor spent the last two seasons at NCAA Division I Charleston Southern University in South Carolina.
Prep Wrestling | Hahn reflects on championship-filled 33-year career at Glenbard NorthRetired Glenbard North wrestling coach Mark Hahn gives much of the credit for his 716 wins over a 33-year career to his assistant coaches and a number of dedicated wrestling families.
News | Fund in Bob Frisk's name to help student journalists in three suburban districtsDistrict 214 announced the creation of the Bob Frisk Legacy Fund which will be used for high school students interested in journalism in Districts 214, 220 and 211.
Columns | 'Labor of love' leads Elgin native Johnson to IBCA Hall of FameScott Johnson, an Elgin native and 1974 Elgin High School graduate who had a 25-year career as an Illinois High School Association administrator, will be inducted into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame with the Class of 2021.
- 4:04 PMMessi doubtful as Barça plays Bilbao in Super Cup final
- 3:36 PMTennell, Karen Chen selected for US team for skating worlds
- 3:34 PMArthur Smith signs deal to be Falcons coach
- 3:30 PMAustralian Open arrivals hit by 3 COVID-19 positive tests
- 3:27 PMRams won't have WR Cooper Kupp for playoff game with Packers
More Prep Sports
- NewsGlenbrook North grieves student-athlete standout Dylan Buckner
- Prep SportsIHSA meets with Deputy Gov. Jesse Ruiz, IDPH on winter sports
- NewsATHLETE OF THE WEEK, SPONSORED BY GIOSTAR CHICAGO: GLENBROOK NORTH'S ALYSSA KAHN
- Prep SportsRadtke: It's time for state officials to meet with IHSA
- Prep FootballElk Grove grad Miller new offensive line coach at Illinois
- Girls' BasketballHere are the top women's sports stories of 2020
- Prep SportsLooking back at 2020 in high school sports: A year like no other
- NewsNorth Shore preps: Short sports year is long on successes
- Prep SportsBarrington baseball community mourns Noreen's passing
- NewsDistrict 207 gets $300,000 donation for new turf at Maine South
- AlgonquinDundee-Crown announces Hall of Fame inductees
- NewsImages: Our best prep sports photos of 2020
- GrayslakeGrayslake 11-year-old tries weightlifting, becomes national champion one year later
- CrimeStreamwood dean's assistant, football coach dismissed
- Boys' BasketballFormer Jacobs star Krutwig leading Loyola as one of best players in MVC
Inside Prep Sports