News | Suburban school leaders blast state agencies on conflicting basketball decisions
The Illinois High School Association's decision on Wednesday to defy Gov J.B. Pritzker's order the previous day to put high school basketball on hold set off a whirlwind of discussions by school administrators on Thursday.
Girls' Basketball | IHSA says basketball season will go on as expectedDefying an order issued Tuesday by Gov J.B. Pritzker that the basketball season be put on hold due to growing concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, the Illinois High School Association's board of directors Wednesday said the season will go on as scheduled.
Prep Football | Wheaton native Nihill enjoying challenges as Tennessee Titans presidentWheaton native Burke Nihill became Tennessee Titans President and CEO in May facing new challenges in the middle of a global pandemic.
Columns | Never forgetting: The healing continues 25 years after Fox River Grove crashFour people affected by the Fox River Grove bus/train crash in 1995 sat down earlier this week to recall the night two days after the crash when they played a regional championship match at Crystal Lake South.
Prep Sports | Girls cross country: Batavia's Schlenker hopes to finish strongIt's been all positive vibes for Batavia junior cross country standout Katrina Schlenker this year -- and that's no cliché.
Prep Sports | Boys cross country: Saturday's sectionals promise to be competitiveIt won't be Detweiller Park in Peoria, but when the boys cross country sectionals step off on Saturday, runners will still be seeking a sense of accomplishment.
News | COVID-19 hits Prospect High School girls volleyball teamFamilies of Prospect High School girls volleyball players learned Monday that someone associated with the program has tested positive for COVID-19, triggering a 14-day quarantine for team members and staff who had close contact with the person.
Prep Sports | Girls swimming and diving: Neuqua Valley ends season in styleMcKenna Stone and her Neuqua Valley teammates collectively plunged underwater to pose for pictures, then took a few more pool side. It was a day to savor. A most unusual season won't end at state this year, what Stone and Neuqua are used to, but this was the next best thing.
Columns | Basketball coach association survey says play; decision could come next weekThe Illinois Basketball Coaches Association recently held a survey designed to provide guidance on how contact days have been going and the possibiity of an upcoming basketball season. But a recent surge in COVID cases leaves the season in doubt.
- 11:40 AMNFL: Chargers-Broncos game still on despite COVID-19 cases
- 11:29 AMJets likely without receivers Perriman, Crowder for Chiefs
- 10:30 AMLiverpool defender Van Dijk has 'successful' knee surgery
- 9:55 AMMaradona turns 60, dreams of scoring another against England
- 9:47 AMCarolina offensive line isn't holding up versus pressure
More Prep Sports
- NewsNATALIE SANDLOW
- Girls' BasketballPritzker: High school basketball, wrestling 'on hold'
- Prep FootballHersey grad Hansen making quick impact at NIU
- Prep SportsCross country: York boys battle to second at regional
- Prep SportsCross country: Crystal Lake South girls shine
- Prep SportsCross country: Gamboa, Mendrys lead Naperville North girls at regional
- Prep SportsCross country: Prospect takes both boys, girls regional titles
- Prep SportsCross country: Lake Zurich's Myers, Gilboy run strong at Loyola regional
- Prep SportsSt. Charles East sweeps regional titles at Lake Park
- Prep SportsNeuqua Valley's Rachel Stege ready to put a big red bow on family dynasty and her record-setting swim career
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Athletes are all set for sectional Saturday
- Prep SportsFor the second year in a row, Fremd proves to have the most spirited student section
- NewsElle Stewart and Jenna Horne get it done for the Titans
- Prep FootballFormer Geneva AD Schick passes away at 90
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Rolling Meadows' Barretto has historic run
Inside Prep Sports