Girls' Basketball | Hare transfers from Bartlett to Naperville North
Kenzie Hare, who averaged 30.1 points a game last year at Bartlett, has transferred to Naperville North for her senior season.
Columns | An All-American year: St. Charles North's Sinnaeve overcomes obstacles, earns national honorFormer St. Charles North soccer star Jared Sinnaeve recently named a high school All-American.
Boys' Basketball | Buffalo Grove's Craft chooses XavierBuffalo Grove boys basketball standout Kam Craft has committed to play college basketball at Xavier University.
Columns | Olympic bound: Former Prospect, Illini track star Kendziera going to TokyoFormer Prospect and Illinois track star David Kendziera is fulfiling a lifelong dream by qualifying for the Olympics in the 400-meter hurdles.
Columns | They want you: Need a job? Youth, prep sports desperately need refereesA national shortage of officials could have a ripple effect and compromise high school and youth sports. An organization in Illinois is putting the full-court press on its recruitment of new officials.
Columns | Metea Valley's 2-sport standout Johnson excited about future at NIUMetea Valley senior Jalen Johnson finished third in the state in the 110 and 300 hurdles, but his college future sport is football at NIU.
Columns | Burlington Central's Charles picks PrincetonBurlington Central senior Taylor Charles has committed to playing basketball in the Ivy League at Princeton.
Girls' Basketball | Batavia grad Fruendt joins staff at TennesseeLiza Fruendt, a basketball standout at Batavia, recently joined the women's basketball staff at the University of Tennessee.
Prep Sports | Off at college: Wheeling's Blair honored for excellence on and off the trackTaking a look at some succesess for area student-athletes now at college.
Prep Sports | Off at college: Benet grad Abello earns Academic All-American of the YearOff at college: Catching up with standouts from the area and how they are doing in college.
Boys' Basketball | Burlington Central grad Mayfield makes move to Division I basketballPatrick Mayfield, a Burlington Central graduate, has transferred from Division III Dubuque to Division I Akron.
- 1:41 PMK-State athletic director replaces Texas AD on CFP committee
- 1:18 PMPanthers use sign at practice to cut down on mental mistakes
- 12:28 PMDoorDash to the NFL: How 2 Washington players made ends meet
- 12:21 PMMLB season starts March 31, again with every team scheduled
- 12:01 PMLA Story: Vela, Chicharito highlight MLS All-Star roster
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North's DeMarco wins Illinois Gatorade player of the year
- PalatinePalatine's Bostick decides on Iowa
- ElginBoys track and field: Distance runners key Harvest Christian's 1st state title
- ElginRay Haley, Larkin's first AD and football coach, dies at 92
- Prep SportsADs reflect on a most unusual high school season
- NewsGlenbrook South wrestling places eighth in IWCOA state meet
- NewsCSL South baseball trio earns all-state honors
- NewsGlenbrook South's Nick Martinelli makes early college basketball decision
- Prep SportsSuburban judo training helps take Gurnee woman to Tokyo Olympics
- NewsGlenbrook North's Riley Philbin earns Gatorade Illinois girls soccer player of the year
- NewsHERALD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: GLENBROOK SOUTH'S RYAN FAUT
- Prep SportsBaseball: Cary-Grove grad Priester will pitch in MLB Futures Game
- Prep SportsSpring all-conference teams
- NewsHERALD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: LOYOLA LACROSSE PLAYER ELLIE LAZZARETTO
- NewsHERALD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: GLENBROOK NORTH'S LOUIE BATANG
Inside Prep Sports