Girls' Basketball | IBCA launches 30 most impactful men, women in basketball project
In celebrating the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association's and Title IX's 50th anniversary, the IBCA had media and coaches select the 30 most impactful people in men's basketball and the 30 most impactful people in women's basketball during the last 50 years.
Girls' Basketball | Girls basketball / Top 20Stevenson, Benet and Hersey are the top 3 teams in this week's Daily Herald girls basketball Top 20 rankings.
Boys' Basketball | Boys basketball / Top 20Glenbard West, Wheaton Warrenville South and Rolling Meadows are the top 3 teams in thi week's Daily Herald Top 20 boys basketball rankings.
Boys' Basketball | Huff, Glenbard West knock off YoungBraden Huff nodded his head, glanced at the scoreboard, and smiled.
Girls' Gymnastics | Hersey notches first MSL championship since 1984After a disappointing performance Thursday, Hersey coach Shannon Barrett gave her team the day off Friday in anticipation of Saturday's Mid-Suburban League girls gymnastics meet on Saturday. The Huskies responded by having their best meet of the season. Hersey scored a 145.55 to win the MSL championship at Schaumburg. It was the first MSL girls gymnastics championship for Hersey since 1984.
Boys' Basketball | McEwen shoots Bartlett past St. Charles NorthKelton McEwen certainly showed how much that practice is paying off in a nonconference matchup Saturday against St. Charles North. McEwen scored 18 of his 26 points in the second half as the Hawks used a 14-0 run in the third quarter to earn a 56-50 victory.
Prep Wrestling | Stevenson rallies to win Lake County titleTrailing rival Libertyville by 10 points heading into the final round, Stevenson knew it still had a chance to win the championship of the 2022 Lake County Wrestling Invitational Saturday afternoon at Wauconda. And with a fantastic finish, the Patriots did exactly that as they went 4-for-4 in their finals matches to take home first place by a 196-189 margin over the runner-up Wildcats.
Prep Football | Hersey names Nelson its new head coachHersey High School has named Tom Nelson as the eighth head football coach in school history. Nelson, who has coached at the school since 2013, takes over for Joe Pardun, who stepped down in December to spend more time with his family.
Prep Sports | Boys swimming: West Chicago, Mundelein go 1-2 at Buffalo Grove inviteAn extremely strong field of teams descended on the Buffalo Grove natatorium Saturday for the BG boys swimming invite. As a matter of fact, meet records were broken in three events -- the 100 butterfly (Ben Castro of Cary-Grove, 50.92), the 100 breaststroke (Brady Johnson of West Chicago, 58.34) and the 400 free relay (West Chicago).
Girls' Basketball | Burlington Central stymies South Elgin in matchup of conference leadersSouth Elgin likes to shoot the 3-pointer, and Burlington Central made sure not to give up many open looks in a 44-34 victory.
Girls' Basketball | Hersey flying high again with big triumph over DeerfieldHersey's girls basketball team did some of its finest work on the boards this weekend. And when it was over, the Huskies put two more wins on the board to cap an emotional week due to Monday's season-ending knee injury to junior standout Meghan Mrowicki. Hersey outrebounded Deerfield, 42-17, on Saturday afternoon while running away to 66-41 nonconference triumph at the Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights.
More Prep Sports
- Boys' BasketballBatavia loses heartbreaker at Night of Hoops
- Girls' BasketballBasketball scores for Saturday, Jan. 22
- Prep WrestlingDeKalb denies Naperville Central for DVC title
- Prep WrestlingKaneland's Phillips wins I-8 title
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Metea Valley takes 2nd at Trojan Invite
- Girls' BasketballDowners North tips Batavia in double OT
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central sweeps pair from Hampshire
- Girls' BasketballBasketball scores for Friday, Jan. 21
- Boys' BasketballSt. Francis turns Wheaton Academy inside out
- Boys' BasketballSt. Viator can't catch up to Notre Dame
- Boys' BasketballLarkin's fast start keys win over South Elgin
- Boys' BasketballWW South rallies to beat St. Charles North in OT
- Boys' BasketballLaGioia, Blachut lead Lake Park past St. Charles East
- Girls' BasketballGrayslake Central outlasts Grayslake North
- Boys' BasketballNicoloudes gets job done in Naperville Central victory vs. Waubonsie Valley
Inside Prep Sports