Prep Sports | Softball: Barrington's Albrecht chooses North Dakota
Barrington star pitcher Jackie Albrecht has found a good fit for her interest in aeronautical engineering in the Univeristy of North Dakota.
Prep Football | Mixed emotions after governor's prep sports commentsIllinois ADs react to Governor J.B. Pritzker's comments this week about high school sports in the state.
Columns | IHSA's Anderson reacts to Pritzker's comments on high school sportsIHSA executive director Craig Anderson on Tuesday responded to comments from Gov. J.B. Pritzker concerning the state of high school sports. Anderson also addressed issues concerning the future.
Columns | Longtime Warren coach Dawson leaves legacy of grateful athletesLongtime Warren boys cross country and track coach Bill Dawson died on Sept. 11 of esophageal cancer. He leaves a legacy of runners whose lives are changed for the better because of his direction and encouragement.
Prep Sports | Boys golf: Mid-Suburban League teams gearing up for postseasonOld Orchard Country Club will be the epicenter of Mid Suburban League boys golf in coming days.
Prep Sports | Girls golf: Lake Zurich's Pouyat turns hard work into positive resultsTo say Lake Zurich girls golf coach Mel Fox has been impressed with the approach junior Kiana Pouyat has taken to her game, might be a tad of an understatement.
Prep Sports | IHSA makes significant adjustments to sport guidelinesThe Illinois High School Association board of directors met virtually for their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, where the board approved several updates to the IHSA Return To Activities guidelines, while also providing guidance on the IHSA's independent team participation rule for the 2020-21 school year.
Prep Sports | Boys cross country: Neuqua's Dovalovsky, DGS' Neumann shineTwo of the top boys cross country performances of the season were turned in last weekend by Neuqua Valley's Nicolas Dovalovsky and Downers Grove South's Tim Neumann.
Prep Sports | Smith golf outing coming up; several announce HOF classesThe second annual John M. Smith golf outing is Sept. 27; three organizations annouce Hall of Fame classes.
- 2:22 PMLakers take 2-1 lead into game 4 against the Nuggets
- 2:21 PMBears legend Gale Sayers dies at 77
- 2:06 PMBall-hawking, All-Pro Ravens CB Humphrey ready for Chiefs
- 2:06 PMDietzen returns to Badgers; Pearson out for medical reasons
- 1:51 PMBudget shortfall forces deep cuts in Ohio St sports program
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsWheeling native Newman played major role in Yankees' success
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Are you enjoying watching sports on TV with no fans?
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Teams welcoming athletes from other sports this fall
- Downers GroveGlen Ellyn boy fundraising to save college gymnastics
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Grant's Negovetich picks up where she left off
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Warren mourns death of longtime coach Dawson
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Barrington's Paris, Horwath make elite national rankings
- Prep SportsSt. Charles East's Daeschler returns for final campaign
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Hersey's record-setting Ohr continues to improve
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: List your top 5 (or so) baseball players in Chicago history.
- Girls' BasketballBasketball teams gather again, though future remains up in the air
- Prep FootballFour Lake County football players make college decisions
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: North Suburban Conference finds a way to run relay events
- NewsCoach's Corner: Teaching physical education remotely is a big challenge
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Competition continues with modified schedules
Inside Prep Sports