Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Naperville North not afraid to put win streak in jeopardy
Scouting DuPage County boys soccer this season.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Following title, Crystal Lake South focused on futureCrystal Lake South will not forget its state championship 2018 season.
Prep Sports | The preseason boys soccer Top 20Naperville North, Libertyville and Streamwood open the regular season in the top three spots in the Daily Herald rankings.
Prep Football | PODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and KevinPODCAST: Who are DuPage County's under-the-radar football players and teams heading into the 2019 season? Daily Herald prep sports writers Dave Oberhelman and Kevin Schmit discuss on this week's edition of Tailgating with Dave and Kevin.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Fremd still team to beat in MSL WestFremd's boys soccer team was the stingiest of all the Mid-Suburban League clubs last season, conceding just 3 goals in 11 matches while amassing 28 points and winning the West Division championship before falling to Buffalo Grove in the MSL Soccer Bowl. The Vikings were hit hard by graduation but still look to be the team to beat in the West this season.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: St. Viator's Taylor, 40 years in, still having funBack in 1979 McDonald's introduced its Happy Meal, ESPN would make its debut, the price of gas was still under a dollar a gallon, and Mike Taylor took charge of the soccer program at Glenbard South. Taylor would then move over to Fenton two years later, then it was on to St. Viator. The rest is history.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Buffalo Grove hoping to keep its grip on MSL EastBuffalo Grove was a runaway winner of the Mid-Suburban League East Division boys soccer race last year, finishing the season with 30 points. Bison coach Darren Llewellyn would admit his team wasn't perfect, but that it did keep improving as the season went on.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Libertyville wants to keep winning tradition rollingLibertyville's boys soccer team graduated an all-state scorer in each of the last two years. The Wildcats remain loaded with talent, however.
- 2:56 PMSmith has strong debut, Villanova tops Colgate 34-14
- 2:36 PMLiverpool outclasses Arsenal in 3-1 win, Salah scores 2
- 2:31 PMTennis champ, trailblazer Althea Gibson honored at US Open
- 2:22 PMSalah double helps Liverpool to 3rd straight win in EPL
- 2:19 PMReal Madrid held by Valladolid in home opener
More Prep Sports
- Prep FootballScouting the Mundelein Mustangs
- Prep FootballScouting the Wauconda Bulldogs
- Prep FootballScouting the Lakes Eagles
- Prep FootballScouting the Round Lake Panthers
- Prep FootballScouting the Grayslake North Knights
- Prep FootballScouting the Grayslake Central Rams
- Prep FootballScouting the Grant Bulldogs
- Prep FootballScouting the Antioch Sequoits
- Prep FootballScouting the Vernon Hills Cougars
- Prep FootballScouting the Lake Zurich Bears
- Prep FootballScouting the Carmel Catholic Corsairs
- Prep FootballScouting the Hoffman Estates Hawks
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Leyden should compete in WSC Gold again
- Prep FootballScouting the Westminster Christian Warriors
- Prep FootballScouting the Marmion Cadets
Inside Prep Sports