Prep Sports | Cross country: York, Lake Zurich's Johnston shine at Palatine invite
The York girls and Lake Zurich junior Brooke Johnston came out on top Saturday at the Palatine cross country invite, while on the boys side, New Trier won the team race while Hinsdale Central was second and York third.
Prep Football | Football / Top 20/How they faredNo. 1 Neuqua Valley knocked off Naperville Central Friday night in overtime to move to 5-0 on the season. Here's how the rest of the Daily Herald Top 20 fared in Week 5.
Prep Football | Prospect records come-from-behind win against Buffalo GroveProspect opened Mid-Suburban League East Division play with a 17-14 victory over Buffalo Grove Friday in Mt. Prospect.
Prep Football | Neuqua Valley escapes with win vs. Naperville Central in 2OT thrillerNeuqua Valley defeated Naperville Central in the second overtime period in a battle of two of the top-ranked teams in Class 8A.
Prep Football | Wauconda moves to 5-0 with victory over AntiochWauconda overcame a third-quarter deficit to defeat Antioch 24-13 in a key Northern Lake County Conference game Friday in Wauconda.
Prep Football | Cary-Grove adds new wrinkle, handles Prairie RidgeWhen Jameson Sheehan wasn't firing strikes, he was running wild and free for 144 yards and three touchdowns as the No. 2-ranked team in The Associated Press Class 6A poll, Cary-Grove, took down No. 5 Prairie Ridge, 42-7, Saturday at Al Bohrer Field.
Prep Football | Lake Zurich, Round Lake, Lakes score big winsThe big play was with the Lake Zurich football team in its 56-7 North Suburban Conference win over Zion-Benton Friday.
Prep Sports | Cross country: Jacobs sweeps titles at Bartlett's Flyin' HawkJacobs won both the boys and girls races at Bartlett's 22-team Flyin' Hawk cross country invite Saturday.
Prep Football | Maine South bounces back, blanks Glenbrook NorthA week after they were stunned by Palatine, Maine South responded with a resounding 41-0 win over Glenbrook North Friday in their Central Suburban South opener in Northbrook.
- 10:33 AMWhat now? Steelers scrambling for answers after 1-2 start
- 10:21 AMThe Latest: 76ers' Simmons out, Celtics coach has COVID
- 9:50 AMMessi set to return against Guardiola's Man City
- 9:00 AMThis Date in Baseball
- 6:33 AMIllinois law will allow athletes to modify uniforms for cultural, religious reasons
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Team effort sends Stevenson to Lake County title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Libertyville wins Pifer invite with 3-set thriller over St. Viator
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Metea Valley tops hosts to win Kaneland invite
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Libertyville ties top-ranked Morton
- Prep FootballWith score and stop, Mundelein beats the odds to upset Libertyville
- Prep FootballWarren records 41-3 win over Stevenson
- Prep FootballNotre Dame edges St. Viator 13-7 in overtime thriller
- Prep FootballDugo runs for 194 yards and 4 TDs in Conant's 42-30 win over Fremd
- Prep FootballMaine West scores 6 first-half touchdowns in rout of Maine East
- Prep FootballHersey offense racks up 464 total yards in win over Elk Grove
- Prep FootballHinsdale South defense stifles Morton in Gold victory
- Prep FootballGray, Naperville North offense roll to DVC win
- Prep FootballBliteck, Tigers topple Dundee-Crown
- Prep FootballBartlett shuts out Fenton, improves to 4-1
- Prep FootballCrystal Lake South stays hot, beats Burlington Central
Inside Prep Sports