Prep Sports | Girls track and field: Glenbard West's Allman, Glenbard North's Schager bring home gold
Audrey Allman had a grand strategy. Grace Schager was an equally brilliant tactician. As a consequence, the distance-running legacy in DuPage County remains ever intact.
Prep Sports | Girls water polo: Naperville North denies Stevenson to repeat as state champsNaperville North and Stevenson. In regards to high school girls water polo in Illinois, they have become the superpowers of the sport. Both squads emerged from their semifinal victories early Saturday afternoon to set up a third straight IHSA state title tilt between the schools Saturday night at Stevenson's pool.
Prep Sports | Girls track and field: Prospect, St. Viator shine at stateEmmi Scales raised her hands up in the air in celebration late Saturday afternoon. After completing the final leg of an historic trifecta, Scales reveled in her historic performance at the Class 2A state track and field meet at Eastern Illinois University.
Prep Sports | Girls track and field: Johnson sisters lead Huntley to 4th at stateCHARLESTON -- Among the many intriguing storylines on the final day of the girls track and field season, the Johnson siblings were part of a most unusual sister act. After Whitney Young senior twins Rachel and Sydney Robinson swept the 100-meter dash for the Dolphins at O'Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University Saturday afternoon, the Huntley jump standouts duplicated the feat.
Prep Sports | Boys track and field: Benet 1st, Marmion 3rd at Plano sectionalFor much of Friday's Class 2A Plano boys track and field sectional, the participating athletes not only had to battle tough competitors, but also adjust to strong, gusty winds. Streator junior Aneefy Ford said the wind didn't really bother him as much as not advancing in the 200-meter run.
Prep Sports | Boys water polo: Stevenson falls in triple OT, takes 4th in stateStevenson senior center Jacob Whiting was coming off surgery to repair a meniscus tear. Lyons senior utility Jack Bradbury went on a scoring tear -- as in 9 goals.
Prep Sports | Girls track and field: Stevenson's O'Neall, Grayslake Central's Morello win state titlesStevenson's Ella O'Neall made her final state appearance a memorable moment.
Prep Sports | Boys tennis: Vernon Hills, Fremd among sectional championsRain, AP testing, prom, graduation, and, of course, more rain, threw tournament directors off course during the past two days of sectional tennis. However, all prevailed, albeit with some moving to Monday to finish up play in order to qualify players into the Class 1A/2A state tournament that starts Thursday.
Prep Sports | Boys tennis: Sophomore duo helps Batavia win sectional titleBatavia coach Brad Nelson certainly had faith in his young doubles team with the Class 2A Geneva sectional championship on the line Saturday afternoon.
Prep Sports | Softball: Kaneland's killer schedules continues with loss to YorkvilleKatlyn Schraeder played a part-time role last spring during Yorkville softball's historic season.
Prep Sports | Boys tennis: Naperville North edges Metea Valley for sectional titleAs the second and final day of the Metea Valley boys tennis sectional got underway Saturday, those that had reached the semifinals knew they were headed to the state meet.
Prep Sports | Girls soccer: Morton ends Hinsdale Central's seasonVicky Ferrer was a little apprehensive when Morton coach Jim Bageanis sent her into the game during crunch time on Saturday. "I was going in the very few last minutes and I was so nervous," said Ferrer, a Morton senior. "All I could think about was don't mess up the game."
- 1:18 PMNFL scouting combine remains in Indianapolis for 2023-24
- 1:05 PMRavens acquire Fuller in another attempt to help secondary
- 12:36 PMFrench Open updates | Badosa, Pegula earn straight-set wins
- 11:41 AMPlayers' association affiliate to market former big leaguers
- 11:35 AMMedvedev: Wimbledon ban's impact on ranking 'very strange'
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Schuetzle battles through back injury, returns to state
- Prep Sports(No heading)
- Prep SportsBaseball: Mac's walk-off hit gives Buffalo Grove MSL title over Barrington
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Local powers flex muscles at state prelims
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Central wins battle of Crystal Lake for regional title
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Neuqua Valley's Brown, Ukawuba star at state prelims
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Freshmen lead WW South to regional title over Geneva
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Fremd edges Warren on PKs for regional crown
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Downers North edges Glenbard East in OT
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles East shuts out Wheaton North for regional title
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Team effort lifts Neuqua Valley over Naperville Central
- WaucondaImages: IHSA class 2A and 3A girls state track preliminaries
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: St. Viator's Scales stars at state prelims
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles North survives scare from Bartlett
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: St. Viator finishes 3rd at Belvidere sectional
Inside Prep Sports