Pro Sports | Thomas holds on to win BMW Championship at Medinah
Justin Thomas had more stress than he wanted and answered with the shots he needed Sunday at Medinah to win the BMW Championship and claim the No. 1 seed going into the FedEx Cup finale.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Reports: Ex-Bear Cedric Benson killed in motorcycle crashFormer Chicago Bears running back Cedric Benson was killed Saturday night when a motorcycle he was driving collided with a minivan in Austin, Texas, according to multiple media reports.
News | Lightning strike at hotel nearly causes Mickelson to miss tee timeGolf star Phil Mickelson nearly missed his tee time for today's final round of the e BMW Championship in Medinah after a lightning strike on the roof of the Eaglewood Resort & Spa left him without his clubs and running late.
Columns | Thomas shatters course record for 6-shot leadJustin Thomas took the spotlight back Saturday with a dazzling 11-under-par 61 for a 6-shot lead.
Columns | Rozner: Rising star Schauffele in mix for FedEx CupXander Schauffele is determined to live up to expectations. His own.
Columns | Tiger Woods plays better but still far off leadTiger Woods played better Saturday, shooting a 50-under 67 at Medinah No. 3, but it may not matter. Woods is a longshot to get into the top 30, and his season will likely end when the last putt drops Sunday.
Cubs | Cubs look to Little League Classic to cure road troublesMaybe a Sunday night trip to Williamsport, Pa., and some good Little League vibes can shake the Cubs out of their road doldrums.
Sports | Bryant homers, Cubs win 2-0 as Pirates strand 11After getting out of three bases-loaded jams, the Cubs snapped a four-game skid with a 2-0 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
White Sox | Angels rally for 4 runs in 7th inning to beat White Sox 6-5Mike Trout and Brian Goodwin drove in two runs apiece, and the Los Angeles Angels scored four in the seventh inning to rally past the Chicago White Sox 6-5.
College Sports | Former QB Riley Lees in position to be one of NU's top receiversLibertyville native Riley Lees made the transition from high school quarterback to college receiver, and is expected to be one of Northwestern's offensive weapons this season.
News | How Sox broadcaster's Benetti's 'Awkward Moments' promotes understanding of disabilitiesChicago White Sox TV announcer Jason Benetti is sharing the "Awkward Moments" of his life as a person with cerebral palsy.
- 5:53 PMClevinger fans 10, Indians tame Yankees 8-4 for 4-game split
- 5:35 PMDislocated, fractured ankle ends season for Colts receiver
- 5:34 PMRaiders GM to absent Brown: Time to be 'All in or all out'
- 5:16 PMFormer Longhorns, NFL RB Benson dies in motorcycle accident
- 5:05 PMStill no Neymar as PSG loses 2-1 at Rennes in French league
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg's Hodges commits to Wisconsin
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Vasudeva, Vernon Hills look to carry on winning tradition
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Consistency keys Stevenson's success
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Changes aplenty in Mid-Suburban League
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington will try to maintain recent success
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Waubonsie Valley's Troy looks to take final step
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Naperville North yearns for new glory
- Prep FootballWarren has no plans to slow down this season
- Prep FootballFrom the beach to the gridiron, go-time is here
- Girls' BasketballO'Donnell: 'State' high -- Melissa Isaacson's new book bounding toward national radar
- Prep SportsCook scoreboard for Thursday, August 15
- Prep FootballTeams coming to grips with new rules limiting playing time