White Sox | Giolito deals, bats deliver in White Sox's 4-1 win vs. A's in Game 1
Playing their first postseason game in 12 years, the Sox beat the Athletics 4-1 at Oakland Coliseum behind a command performance by their ace Lucas Giolito
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Sprained foot keeps Eloy Jimenez out of White Sox's starting lineup for Game 1Hoping to be in the lineup for Game 1 of the playoffs against Oakland today, White Sox left fielder Eloy Jimenez is out again with a sprained right foot.
Blackhawks | FORE SURE! Pirri glad to be back with BlackhawksBrandon Pirri was about to hit the links Monday when he found out he had been traded to the Blackhawks. Back to where it all began. Back to the city in which he currently lives with his wife and young son.
Bears | Foles will start at QB for Bears against Colts, Nagy saysBears coach Matt Nagy said Monday Nick Foles will start against Indianapolis Sunday at Soldier Field.
Columns | Rozner: Against odds, Bettman and NHL players finish jobNHL could have cashed it in, but instead Gary Bettman and the players reached the finish line and handed out the best trophy in sports.
NFL | Titans have NFL's first COVID-19 outbreak, with 8 positivesThe Tennessee Titans suspended in-person activities through Friday after the NFL says three Titans players and five other personnel tested positive for the coronavirus.
Prep Sports | Boys golf: Barrington scrambles for MSL crownSteady play from Barrington throughout dual meet and tournament play netted the Broncos the Mid-Suburban League boys golf championship.
Cubs | Hendricks gets Game 1 start, calls Darvish the Cubs' aceThe way the Cubs' pitching rotation fell, it seemed likely they would use Kyle Hendricks in Game 1 of the wild card series and manager David Ross made it official Tuesday.
White Sox | White Sox's playoff roster, starting lineup for Game 1 vs. AthleticsLeury Garcia and Zack Collins were added to the Chicago White Sox's 28-man playoff roster Tuesday before Game 1 of the opening round against the A's at Oakland.
Cubs | It doesn't make sense to break up Chicago Cubs nowIs this the last trip around the bases for the nucleus of Cubs players who won the World Series? Probably not, considering the team's other options.
Bears | Foles' game-winning TD pass shows what new starter brings to tableBears coach Matt Nagy announced Monday that Nick Foles will start in Week 4 against the Indianapolis Colts at Soldier Field. Nagy benched Mitch Trubisky for Foles earlier in the game Sunday.
- 6:02 PMMATCHDAY: Bayern Munich vs Dortmund in German Super Cup
- 5:54 PMRookie Smith hopes to build on successful Thorns debut
- 5:52 PMCubs, Marlins set to meet after bumpy paths to postseason
- 5:42 PMLionel Messi says it's time for Barcelona to unite
- 5:37 PMTitans have NFL's first COVID-19 outbreak: 8 positive tests
- Prep SportsGirls golf: St. Charles North grinds to DuKane title
- Prep SportsGolfers kick off fall postseason with conference tourneys
- Prep SportsIHSA extends postseason for golf, cross country
- Prep SportsWW South's Harvey, Burlington Central's Schmidt tabbed for ITCCCA Hall of Fame
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Downers South's Padavic makes dream reality
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Season forges on as many teams shine
- Prep SportsBoys golf: South Elgin, Neuqua Valley, Wheaton Academy claim conference titles
- Girls' BasketballNoted Naperville Central star Parker adds defensive award to resume
- Prep SportsIC Catholic Prep girls, Harvest Christian boys run away with titles
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington's Albrecht chooses North Dakota
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Neuqua's Dovalovsky, DGS' Neumann shine
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Teamwork pays off for Prospect
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball teams adjusting to new fall routine
- Prep FootballIHSA's Anderson reacts to Pritzker's comments on high school sports
- Prep FootballIn crowded NU QB room, Ramsey trying to pull away from the pack
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more