Columns | Rozner: Getting physical is good for the Blackhawks
The Blackhawks have outhit the opposition in four straight games for the first time since 2009. Do not fret. This doesn't mark the end of civilization.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Once a franchise footnote, Rogers returns to join Bulls coaching staffBulls assistant coach Roy Rogers has a unique and brief history with the team as a player. He's also coming from one of the most successful NBA team over the past few years.
Bears | Bears put Hicks on injured reserve, but 'he'll be a voice in the classroom'The Bears began life indefinitely without Akiem Hicks on Tuesday, sending the Pro Bowl defensive end to injured reserve with a dislocated left elbow and promoting undrafted rookie OL Alex Bars from the practice squad to the active roster.
Blackhawks | Things click for Chicago Blackhawks in first winThe Chicago Blackhawks get their first victory of the young season, defeating the visiting Edmonton Oilers 3-1 on Monday night.
MLB | Cole pitches Astros past Yankees 4-1 for 2-1 lead in ALCSA gritty Gerrit Cole held the New York Yankees scoreless without his sharpest stuff, Jose Altuve sparked Houston at the plate and the Astros locked down a 4-1 victory to take a 2-1 lead in the AL Championship Series
Bulls | Durant sends message about shot selection to Bulls' LaVineKevin Durant told Bulls guard Zach LaVine, via Twitter, to go ahead and shoot mid-range shots. This was in response to a story over the weekend where LaVine lamented the Bulls' emphasis on drives and 3-pointers
Fire | With coach Paunovic to return for 2020, Fire will see big changes but not a total teardownChicago Fire coach Veljko Paunovic and general manager/president Nelson Rodriguez will return in 2020 despite the team's lack of success the past four seasons.
Bulls | Chicago Bulls trying to catch up to NBA's 3-point trendThe Chicago Bulls have been launching 3-point shots with abandon during the preseason, hitting a peak with 49 attempts Sunday in Toronto. They're trying to catch up to the NBA trend of recent years.
Blackhawks | Nylander returns to Chicago Blackhawks lineup, scores big goalForward Alexander Nylander returned to the Chicago Blackhawks' lineup against Edmonton on Monday after sitting the previous game as a healthy scratch. Also notes on Corey Crawford starting and a comment from Andrew Shaw about Niklas Hjalmarsson's injury.
Sports | Bears' bye week tough for many future opponentsIt was a rough Sunday for many of the league's supposed contenders, with all of the Bears' opponents between Weeks 7-16 outside of the NFC North -- the Los Angeles Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys -- losing, including all but the Eagles going down as favorites.
NBA | LeBron James no longer King James for Hong Kong protestersProtesters in Hong Kong have thrown basketballs at a photo of LeBron James, chanted their anger about comments the Los Angeles Lakers star made about free speech
- 8:27 PMHersey's Hansen will remain a Huskie -- at NIU
- 8:01 PMDowners Grove North honors memory of volleyball player struck, killed by car
- 7:50 PMRams get CB Jalen Ramsey from Jaguars for 3 draft picks
- 7:32 PMBrowns trade C Austin Corbett to Rams for fifth-round pick
- 7:09 PMASU making noise at midseason; Gordon stands out among QBs
- Prep SportsDowners Grove North honors memory of volleyball player struck, killed by car
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep FootballAP Top Ten
- Prep SportsPalatine's Campe will take volleyball talents to Virginia Tech
- Prep SportsThis week's boys soccer Top 20
- Prep FootballHersey's Hansen will remain a Huskie -- at NIU
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Scouting the MSL Cup / Wheeling vs. Fremd
- Prep SportsGirls golf: St. Francis' Lemke claims top honors at sectional
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Inspired York advances to state
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Lishchynsky, Crystal Lake South capture sectional titles
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Barrington dethrones Fremd as MSL champ
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14