Columns | Rozner: After fine offseason, White Sox optimism off the charts
The White Sox have had a terrific winter, but as GM Rick Hahn points out, no one is certain exactly when the title window will open.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Markkanen out for 4-6 weeks, Bulls miss him in loss to KingsThe Bulls announced Friday that forward Lauri Markkanen will be sidelined 4-6 weeks with a stress reaction in his right pelvis.
White Sox | Can White Sox live up to Renteria's high expectations?Chicago White Sox manager Rick Renteria said he'd be disappointed if the upcoming season ends with no playoff appearance. That's a lot of pressure for a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2012, but Tim Anderson, among others, is up for the challenge.
Columns | O'Donnell: More spin around Arlington Park -- Track may open earlier than ever for 'leased' trainingJim O'Donnell says trainer Larry Rivelli wants to get an earlier start at Arlington, and Churchill Downs should listen.
Sports | Bears announce average season ticket price increase of 3.9 percentIn a letter sent this week to season ticket holders, Bears president and CEO Ted Phillips wrote that after no increases in three of the past five years, the price of season tickets across all sections of Soldier Field will rise in 2020.
Columns | After 42 years coaching Villanova women's team, Perretta says time is right to retireVillanova women's basketball coach Harry Perretta says after four decades in coaching, it's time to relax.
White Sox | Keuchel apologizes for Astros' sign-stealing scandalNew Chicago White Sox starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel was with the Houston Astros in 2017 and he is "personally" sorry for being involved in the sign-stealing scandal that has rocked major-league baseball.
Bulls | Bulls' Young back in familiar role with Markkanen outThaddeus Young has found himself back in a familiar role after Lauri Markkanen's hip injiury. Before joining the Bulls, Young started every game he played during the previous four seasons.
NBA | Analysis: Too many players making mockery of All-Star votingToo many NBA players once again have made a mockery of their vote to decide which colleagues should start the league's annual showcase
NFL | How the 49ers and the Chiefs match up in the Super BowlIt has been a while since a Super Bowl has appeared to be such a toss-up
NBA | Mavericks make 22 3-pointers, beat Trail Blazers 133-125Luka Doncic scored 27 points to go with nine assists and six rebounds and the Dallas Mavericks made 22 3-pointers to defeat the Portland Trail Blazers 133-125
- 2:57 PMPro Bowl packed with pending free agents like Brees, Henry
- 2:56 PMCardiff fans warned over racism, homophobia in FA Cup
- 2:49 PMTottenham held by Southampton in FA Cup, Chelsea wins
- 2:33 PMDavis/White, Meissner, Casey entering skating Hall of Fame
- 2:27 PMMavs complete trade to acquire Cauley-Stein from Warriors
- Boys' BasketballPalatine topples Fremd for season sweep
- Boys' BasketballGrayslake Central downs Round Lake to take NLCC lead
- Girls' BasketballSouth Elgin breaks open close game with Streamwood
- Boys' BasketballMaine South downs Glenbrook North for sixth straight win
- Boys' BasketballDeKalb squeaks by Naperville Central
- Boys' BasketballWheaton Warrenville South hands St. Charles North 1st DuKane loss
- Boys' BasketballCary-Grove wins 20th in hard-fought battle at Burlington C.
- Boys' BasketballEldridge, Antioch ace Lakes' challenge
- Boys' BasketballHuntley's hot shooting in 3rd quarter sinks D-C
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville sneaks past Zion-Benton to run win streak to 14
- Girls' BasketballKing, Stevenson make statement with big win over Lake Forest
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Friday, Jan. 24
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Friday, Jan. 24
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Friday, Jan. 24
- Girls' BasketballHersey gets past Elk Grove on Senior Night