Blackhawks | Ex-Blackhawk speaks about sexual assault, how claims were handled: 'It's destroyed me'
Kyle Beach, in a 25-minute bombshell interview with TSN's Rick Westhead, came forward and revealed that he was the Chicago Blackhawks player sexually abused by Bradley Aldrich during the Blackhawks' 2010 Stanley Cup playoff run.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears coach Matt Nagy remains quarantined, watches practice via livestreamThe Bears have moved all meetings from in-person to virtual this week after head coach Matt Nagy tested positive for COVID-19. Nagy confirmed that special teams coordinator Chris Tabor would serve as acting head coach if Nagy weren't available to coach in Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers at Soldier Field.
Columns | O'Donnell: Does thoroughbred racing at Arlington Park still have a pulse?The Daily Herald has learned that an extremely well-resourced connection of businessmen has initiated contact with senior management of the Chicago Bears that could keep 'em racing around the local oval at least through 2026.
MLB | Rookie propels Astros past Braves to tie SeriesJosé Siri sparked a team whose biggest stars took a while to shine, sending the Houston Astros to a 7-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday night that evened the Fall Classic at one game apiece.
Columns | Before Hawks fall to Toronto, Wirtz delivers message to teamA tumultuous week continued for the Chicago Blackhawks as players and coaches were forced to deal with the fallout of a sexual abuse scandal that cost Stan Bowman and Al MacIsaac their jobs.
Bulls | Bulls set to celebrate Noah's colorful, passionate playing careerThe Bulls will celebrate Joakim Noah's NBA career during Thursday's game against the Knicks. He played for the Bulls from 2007-16, and has officially retired as a player.
Bears | Hampered by a foot injury, Bears Mack may miss timeBears linebacker Khalil Mack is not expected to play this week against the San Francisco 49ers, according to a report from the NFL Network. Per the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo, the Bears are looking to give Mack additional time to rest, and a stint on injured reserve appears to be a possibility.
Politics | Senate revives measure to allow limited sports betting on in-state collegesA state Senate committee revived a gambling bill Wednesday that would allow for limited betting on in-state college sports teams, sending it to the full Senate for consideration.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Fremd offense explodes in sectional win over StevensonFremd stole the show in an electric 12-minute offensive display of soccer which produced a four-goal explosion for the top-seeded Vikings (17-2-1), who went on to defeat No. 5 Stevenson 5-1 Tuesday night in a sectional semifinal game at Hildebrandt Field in Palatine.
Columns | LaVine wants to play through thumb injury, but isn't sure how it will goBulls leading scorer Zach LaVine will try to play through a partially torn ligament in his left, non-shooting thumb. But as of Wednesday's practice, he's not sure whether or not he'll be able to pull it off.
Columns | As ugly as it got in Tampa, the Bears aren't as bad as they lookedNo matter how bad the tape in Tampa looked, the Bears are a C at this point in the season, but it's still too soon to write them off, Hub Arkush says.
- 11:35 PM'Animalism': Blackhawks scandal raises culture questions
- 10:27 PMAP sources: Saints negotiating with Texans for Mark Ingram
- 10:14 PMJohnny Russell scores twice, Sporting KC beats Galaxy 2-0
- 10:12 PMNo. 11 Notre Dame has star TE Michael Mayer back healthy
- 10:05 PMAdebayo has 24, Heat pull away to beat Nets 106-93
- Prep FootballGroark, Brigham find connection with QB Grace at Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballEarly-season challenges have paid off for Antioch
- Prep FootballFootball: AP Top Ten
- Prep FootballTaking a look at possible playoff X-factors for DuPage County teams
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: South Elgin's Worden commits to Iowa
- Prep FootballHere are the first-round pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs, with game days and times
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Elgin spreads the wealth, reaches sectional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: King's goal propels St. Charles East past Geneva in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Huntley holds off Dundee-Crown in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Fremd offense explodes in sectional win over Stevenson
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Glenbrook South in control against Palatine
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Lopez's spectacular goal sparks Naperville Central
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Marmion edges Sycamore to reach sectional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Benet advances with PK win