Columns | Megan Bozek intends to keep her hockey dream alive
Hockey player Megan Bozek, a Stevenson High grad, returns home to train for World Championships and the Olympic Trials.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | What's ahead for Cubs: roster overhaul or dawn of a new era?The Chicago Cubs have shown some positive signs this season, but is a selloff inevitable? Mike McGraw explores both the optimistic and pessimistic views.
Columns | White Sox, Cubs can now increase attendance, will offer vaccinated-only sectionsThe White Sox and Cubs will soon be able to increase crowd capacities to 60% at Guaranteed Rate Field and Wrigley Field.
Columns | High hopes for Borgstrom filling a center slot for Hawks next seasonThe Blackhawks are hoping Henrik Borgstrom, who signed a 2-year deal Wednesday, can upgrade the center position next season.
White Sox | White Sox surge continues with sweep against TwinsIt's still too early to get overly excited, but the Chicago White Sox continued piling up wins Thursday while sweeping the Twins at Guaranteed Rate Field, At 22-13, the Sox have the best record in baseball.
White Sox | Sox's Kopech gets start in Game 2 vs. Royals FridayWhite Sox right-hander Michael Kopech is scheduled to start Game 2 of Friday's doubleheader against the Royals at Guaranteed Rate Field.
White Sox | Rodon pushed back in Sox's rotation with tight hamstringOriginally scheduled to start vs. the Twins Thursday, White Sox lefty Carlos Rodon has been pushed back to Saturday due to right hamstring tightness.
Blackhawks | Are Chicago Blackhawks positioned to become perennial playoff team?Chicago Blackhawks general manager and president of hockey Stan Bowman and coach Jeremy Colliton recapped a mostly successful season. Does Bowman have the Hawks positioned properly to become a perennial playoff team?
College Sports | New Northwestern AD steps down amid mounting criticismMike Polisky resigned as Northwestern's athletic director Wednesday amid mounting criticism following his promotion last week to replace Jim Phillips.
Columns | Why the Cubs' defense is off to a slow startBefore Wednesday's game in Cleveland, Cubs manager David Ross talked about why the team's fielding hasn't been quite as strong as expected.
White Sox | Hamilton's jumping in to help White Sox in all areasBilly Hamilton's bat helped the White Sox beat the Twins Wednesday. On Thursday, the veteran outfielder's defensive skills were on display.
- 11:05 PMBrooks scores 30 as Grizzlies overcome Kings 116-110
- 11:01 PMTigers beat Royals 4-3, KC's skid reaches 11 games
- 10:44 PMLaVine, Markkanen lead Bulls past Raptors, 114-102
- 10:31 PMGirls lacrosse: Schaumburg pulls out thriller over Conant
- 10:23 PMFlorida State beats Virginia in shootout in College Cup
- Prep FootballAntioch's Kaliakmanis picks up Gatorade award
- Girls' BasketballMaine West grad Dugalic transferring from Oregon to UCLA
- Prep SportsSoftball: Hard work during pandemic has Wauconda hitting dingers
- Prep SportsBaseball: Scolan, Downers South off to record-breaking start
- Prep SportsSoftball: Larkin's offensive surge continues with big win over Elgin
- Prep SportsIHSA: Boys volleyball, boys lacrosse will now have a full state tournament series
- Prep SportsBaseball: Anderson's walk-off hit pushes Geneva past Batavia
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Schaumburg pulls out thriller over Conant
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Buffalo Grove dumps Rolling Meadows in OT
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Cary-Grove still unbeaten after downing Jacobs
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Stevenson upends Libertyville in NSC showdown
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Kaneland blanks Sycamore, stays perfect in conference
- Prep SportsSoftball: Garden's glad to be back at Jacobs
- Prep SportsBaseball: South Elgin gives Piaskowy plenty of support
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Bartlett wins thriller over Benet
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more