Bulls | LaVine elevates Bulls in season-opening win over Pistons
The Bulls didn't have an easy time in Detroit for their season opener. but thanks to Zach LaVine's efficient 34 points, they pulled out a 94-88 victory.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Arkush: Trade deadline is Nov. 3, and Bears should deal Foles or DaltonAt 3-3, the Bears are who they've been the last two seasons: a team stuck in the mud.
Blackhawks | Toews off to the slowest start of his Blackhawks careerIt's official: Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews is off to the slowest start of his 14-year career. Toews, who did not play last season due to health issues, does not have a goal or an assist in the first four games.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: From bad pitchout to pitch-perfect -- Brian Wilson and Al Jardine set for WaukeganJim O'Donnell: A few words from Al Jardine about football and the Beach Boys.
Bulls | Williams a full-go for Bulls opener, but still getting settledPatrick Williams was sidelined for about a month after suffering a sprained left ankle during a workout on Sept. 15. He started Wednesday's season-opener in Detroit and coach Billy Donovan said there was no minutes limit.
Bulls | As Bulls try to build chemistry, did Donovan save any surprises?The Bulls have a ton of new faces this season and most of training camp was spent trying to build chemistry. So did coach Billy Donovan hold anything back during preseason, as a surprise when the real games begin?
Fire | Fire scores winning goal in 93rd minuteLuka Stojanovic scored in the 93rd minute to help the Chicago Fire beat FC Cincinnati 4-3 on Wednesday night.
Prep Sports | Girls tennis: Nowicki, St. Viator use teamwork as spark for successSt. Viator made history last weekend by winning its first girls tennis sectional championship. Now, junior singles player Maia Nowicki and the doubles combination of Allison Jodoin (senior) and Meredith Garcia (sophomore) will look to continue the magic in Thursday's Class A state finals tournament being held at various locations throughout the Northwest suburbs.
Prep Football | McCluskey carrying on family legacy with Glenbard WestFor Jack McCluskey, Glenbard West football has always been a family affair. Competing in his final season in a Hitters uniform, the offensive lineman is following in the footsteps of two people very dear to his heart.
Girls' Basketball | Libertyville's Fisher likes the fit at MarylandTruly, it's a win-win combination. That's what Emily Fisher had in mind with her decision and commitment to play college basketball at the University of Maryland. The Libertyville junior made her decision on Monday and she's the first to make that commitment in the 2023 class for the Terrapins.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: A new wrinkle for Rinkel as IMSA tops St. FrancisAt this point of his career, IMSA senior forward Mason Rinkel had scored goals of all variety. But Rinkel added a new wrinkle in Wednesday's Class 2A St. Francis regional boys soccer semifinal. Rinkel scored the winning goal in the first half in pedestrian fashion, taking advantage of defender error to lightly tap in a shot in the 36th minute to lead IMSA to a 1-0 win over St. Francis.
Prep Sports | Girls tennis: Freshman Boianov seeking Lake Zurich history at stateA man washes ashore on an island and learns the island's owner no longer enjoys hunting animals. Too boring. He prefers to prey on humans for sport. "It's a dark story," Lake Zurich freshman ace tennis player Katrine Boianov said of her English class reading assignment earlier this month.
- 1:34 PMLouisville, Boston College each look to halt 2-game slides
- 1:30 PMElgin Golferettes celebrate 70 years of golf, laughter and friendship
- 1:28 PMRaiders look for 2nd straight post-Gruden vs. Eagles
- 1:25 PMNo. 22 Aztecs turn to Johnson, hope to stop USAF ground game
- 1:23 PMWell-rested Falcons head to Miami to face Dolphins
- Prep FootballMcCluskey carrying on family legacy with Glenbard West
- Prep FootballScouting Week 9 football games in the Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballScouting Week 9 football games in Lake County
- Prep FootballFootball / AP Top Ten
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 8
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Weather postpones Zion-Benton at Stevenson game
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville's Fisher likes the fit at Maryland
- Prep FootballNaperville North's Robert credits teammates for his special season
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Nowicki, St. Viator use teamwork as spark for success
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: A new wrinkle for Rinkel as IMSA tops St. Francis
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Bass, Kaneland dump Rochelle to move on
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Freshman Boianov seeking Lake Zurich history at state
- NewsHot Glenbrook South wins football rivalry game
- Prep FootballFive Fox Valley teams face must-win games in Week 9