Columns | NBA should be working on an alternative to Irving's COVID-19 vaccination message
At the Bulls' home opener Friday, the overwhelming majority of people inside the United Center will have shown proof of vaccination for entry. So why do some NBA players insist on holding out?
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Lincicome: While we wait for signs of growth from Fields, Rodgers still owns BearsJustin Fields may eventually find an opposing quarterback that he is better than, but with Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger ahead, old men at the game, as is Aaron Rodgers, Fields is still just a fresh intern making the rounds.
Sky | Chicago Sky win first WNBA title in franchise history; Copper named MVPThe Chicago Sky won the first WNBA title in franchise history Sunday, beating the Phoenix Mercury 80-74.
Sky | How to watch parade, rally Tuesday for Parker and WNBA champion Chicago SkyNaperville native Candace Parker and the rest of the Chicago Sky's WNBA championship will be celebrated in Chicago with a parade and rally starting Tuesday morning
Bears | Inconsistencies cost Bears in 24-14 loss to PackersThe Bears trailed by only 3 in the fourth, but Aaron Rodgers did enough down the stretch to win.
Columns | Bears' loss to Packers a shining example of why they're not ready yetThe Bears' 24-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers was a lot like a movie we've seen before.
Bears | Justin Fields thought he had a free play on momentum-changing interceptionBears center Sam Mustipher snapped the ball once he saw a Packers defender jump offsides. But the unscripted play led to an interception, and the refs didn't throw a flag.
Columns | Bringing Marcus Semien back would solve White Sox's hole at second baseIf the White Sox are looking to fill a big hole at second base, signing free-agent slugger Marcus Semien is an obvious solution.
Columns | In dire need of pitching, will Cubs make run at Carlos Rodon?The Cubs had one of the worst starting rotations in baseball this season. If they're going to look for help on the free agent market, making a pitch for Carlos Rodon makes sense.
Sports | Braves walk off Dodgers again to take 2-0 lead in NLCSThe Atlanta Braves took a 5-4 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday night and a 2-0 NL Championship Series lead.
College Sports | AP Top 25: Cincinnati up to No. 2; Purdue snaps poll droughtCincinnati has moved up to No. 2 behind Georgia in The Associated Press college football poll for the best ranking for a team from outside the traditional power conferences since 2010
- 6:06 PMBoys soccer: Team-first attitude key in Dundee-Crown's rebound
- 6:05 PMScans come back clear on neck of Seattle's Darrell Taylor
- 5:53 PMMarla Messing named interim CEO of the NWSL
- 5:24 PMNHL suspends Evander Kane 21 games for COVID violations
- 5:23 PMRivera: No plan to replace Heinicke with Allen as WFT QB
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey's Harden leads the way with repeat title at MSL meet
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 8
- Prep SportsCross country: Batavia's Schlenker wins 3rd DuKane title
- Prep SportsCross country: Burlington Central's Baig wins FVC title
- Prep FootballBuffalo Grove runs to win; Meadows still alive in playoff hunt
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Batavia battles for St. Charles East sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Barrington nets title at Jacobs
- Prep FootballWeek 9 in Lake County will have interesting storylines
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Surprising Jacobs takes 2nd at Pumpkin tourney
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Wang's singles win propels Stevenson to sectional title
- Prep SportsCross country: Waubonsie boys snap streak; Naperville North girls in a customary spot
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Team-first attitude key in Dundee-Crown's rebound
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Hinsdale Central cruises to another conference crown
- Prep SportsCross country: Hinsdale Central boys, York girls win WSC Silver titles