Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Major updates improve mortgage projectionsUpdated Sep 4, 2015 10:22 AM “The housing market recovery has shifted to a higher gear," says Mike Fratantoni, MBA’s chief economist, explaining the reasons for an update in mortgage projections.
Advice from reader on splitting rent Posted Sep 5, 2015 1:00 AM
This column published a letter from someone asking how rent should be apportioned when three adults and one child would be sharing a house — three bedrooms and two baths. The reader said the child would have one bedroom, and would share a bathroom...
Short-term condo leases may be illegal Posted Sep 5, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. A number of owners in our association lease their units, or a room in their unit, for weekends or other short terms, as a vacation rental. Can associations stop this practice?
Choosing the best type of mortgage Posted Sep 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Mortgage borrowers having to choose between the different types of mortgages face a puzzle, which may be particularly perplexing today.
- More articles
- Lindenhurst Environmental Commission to host fall plant exchange
- Lake County Extension office to offer Master Gardener program
- Don’t expect to buy a home in Cuba soon
- Rookie home inspector learns a lesson
- Similar platter exhibited in Brooklyn Museum
- Dive into your new swimming pool
- Filling walls without emptying savings
- 7 big lessons from tiny homes
- Find out why ‘Small is Beautiful’ on 34th annual Historic Elgin House Tour
- Budget-friendly fun: Last Fling, Oktoberfest, Street Dance and more
- One color a garden can make
- Plastic water storage tanks can replace cistern
- Builders feel confident about current real estate market
- Grubs damage lawns, attract feeding animals
- House didn’t appraise
- Condos can force use of adjoining land to make repairs
- Are HECM reverse mortgages over-priced?
- How to make moving easier on pets
- FHA opens window to more borrowers
- Becoming a home inspector without building experience
- Coping with condensation in your home
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Tracy Morgan, Marc Anthony Posted Sep 1, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Serena Williams, Venus Wlliams, Alicia Keys Posted Aug 28, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Rosie O'Donnell, Dennis Miller Posted Aug 20, 2015
Mortgage Rates Expected to Move Lower Posted Aug 12, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Julia Roberts, Hilary Swank, Vince Vaughn, Johnny Galecki Posted Aug 7, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Sia Posted Jul 30, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Beck, Taraji P. Henson, Facebook Co-Founder Chris Hughes Posted Jul 24, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Katie Holmes, Gigi Hadid, Joan Rivers Posted Jul 16, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Scott Disick, Nicole Richie, Joel Madden, Floyd Mayweather Posted Jul 10, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Bret Michaels, Geraldo, Robin Thicke Posted Jul 2, 2015
Gutterglove prevents clogged downspoutsLaura Miller of Milwaukee became only the second franchise dealer for Gutterglove in the country after she and her husband, Luke, met Robert Lenney at a roofing expo in Las Vegas in 2004. Today, the Millers cover not only the Milwaukee market but are one of three authorized Gutterglove dealers in the Chicago area, too.
Home exteriors can have it rough in the MidwestMidwesterners are better equipped to design exterior home products that are specifically suited to our harsh Chicago climate. WindowWorks, based in Bolingbrook, is offering homeowners all around the Chicago area and northwest Indiana its own brand of windows and doors.
Far West suburbs appeal to certain buyersThe real estate market in the Fox Valley has been gradually improving across the board since 2010, said Brian Knott, an agent with RE/MAX Horizon in Elgin.