Editorial: We shouldn't need charity to end medical debt
A creative solution to unaffordable health care will erase medical debt for nearly 6,000 Chicago-area people. But we can't rely on charity to address this intractable problem, a Daily Herald editorial says.
Editorial: A small step forward in fight against opioid deathsThis Daily Herald editorial takes encouragement from a state report showing opioid deaths declined in 2018 for the first time in five years, but echoes a state official's admonition that there is "more work to be done" to get control of the epidemic.
- Abandoning our allies
- How things work
- Empty promises
- Hypocritical outrage
- Individual, collective actions both needed
- Letter: President is not thriving on the pressure
- Letter: Live up to the Statue of Liberty poem's meaning
- Letter: Greed stops NBA from defending human rights
- Letter: Trump is a stain on our White House
- Letter: Republican presidents have abandoned allies before
- Letter: Could Putin have motivated Trump's Ukraine phone call?
- Letter: Some schools cheat better than others
Submit a Letter to the Daily Herald