Jul 13 2016 | 3:30 pm
- A new show about the trials of middle school has its roots in Batavia. Kevin Jakubowski’s ‘Legendary Dudas’ premiered July 9 on Nickelodeon.
May 24 2016 | 8:10 pm
- Geneva residents Candace Thomas Kless and Dr. James Pritchard are joined by Sammi King of Batavia as members of the Over the Hill Trio. The trio returns June 8-10 with this year’s show, “Lerner and Loewe to Manilow,” to...
May 23 2016 | 4:14 pm
- Former Batavian Patty Vest Mugavero has written a recollection about the Rev. Gilbert Johnstone, a former pastor at First Baptist Church.
May 19 2016 | 10:02 am
- A Batavia woodworker has spent 25 years honing his skills at intarsia, a wood inlay art.
May 10 2016 | 11:14 am
- The Batavia Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1197 is gearing up for its 42nd Loyalty Day Parade, which takes place Sunday, May 1.
Mar 30 2016 | 1:19 pm
- When Nicole Schwarzbauer of Batavia was looking for an idea for a service project, she only had to go as far as her family bookshelf. The Aurora Central Catholic High School senior organized a book drive to benefit Little City in Palatine.
Feb 08 2016 | 3:29 pm
- Batavia native and IMSA graduate Dane Christianson never thought he’d be an entrepreneur, but the X-CUBE puzzle he invented has led to the development of his own company, Moving Parts. The puzzle is sold online and at toy and game stores.
Jan 26 2016 | 3:40 pm
- When the cast of “Little Women” takes the stage at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre, it will be showcasing a new adaptation of the classic novel. This play is written by Batavia High School drama teacher Joshua Casburn and his wife, Heidi.
Dec 16 2015 | 4:54 pm
- Batavia High School grad, Michael Preuss, ’06, is making his mark in the Chicago business community. The young entrepreneur is CEO and co-founder of Visible, a company that provides a software program for entrepreneurs and investors.
Nov 11 2015 | 5:14 pm
- How does one reach the remarkable age of 99? All it takes is friends, family, and football. And a nightly nip of port wine doesn’t hurt. Janet Burke’s appearance belies her many years. Always perfectly coiffed and dressed to the nines,...