Jun 13 2016 | 12:28 pm
- RotaryFest, the first big festival of summer in the Northwest suburbs opens Wednesday, June 15, and runs through Sunday, June 19, at Lions Park in Elk Grove Village,
Jun 04 2016 | 5:25 pm
- A Crystal Lake motorcyclist was listed in stable condition Saturday at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge after a serious accident Friday night that left Algonquin Road in Algonquin closed for 3½ hours while police investigated,...
May 24 2016 | 5:29 pm
- Elk Grove Village’s industrial park continues to boom in a big turnaround from seven years ago, Mayor Craig Johnson said in his state of the village address to the GOA Regional Business Association.
Apr 22 2016 | 9:14 pm
- The Wheeling Township Elementary District 21 school board Thursday agreed to split the cost of crossing guard services at five district intersections with the village of Wheeling.
Mar 20 2016 | 10:49 am
- A Mount Prospect Elementary District 57 community survey found some support for exploring a referendum to better fund schools, with 63 percent of school parents and 42 percent of non-parents agreeing.
Mar 11 2016 | 3:47 pm
- Buffalo Grove police have arrested a 16-year-old Buffalo Grove boy in connection with extensive graffiti vandalism at Buffalo Grove parks.
Feb 15 2016 | 5:57 pm
- Eight-year-old Lauren Graver’s brave fight against cancer inspired teachers and students at Lions Park Elementary School in Mount Prospect to make Knots of Love blankets to support other children in their fight. “We are so thrilled to...
Jan 17 2016 | 6:46 pm
- Chicago Behavioral Hospital, which 15 months ago took over Maryville Behavioral Health Hospital in Des Plaines, has spent millions of dollars to modernize the new Extra Mile Veteran Care center on the campus.
Nov 20 2015 | 2:06 pm
- We roamed around Streamwood, taking photos of things that caught our eye. Big and small, obvious and obscure, the images are identifiable to Streamwood. Visual delights include the expansive and ornate veterans memorial, winding streets, woods,...
Nov 20 2015 | 6:16 pm
- Nearly 500 students — most of them high school freshmen from 13 schools in the Northwest suburbs — at the Latino Summit at Harper College, listening to the story of a man who escaped from Cuba at age 16 to make his fortune here.