Nov 20 2015 | 1:06 pm
- We roamed around Streamwood, taking photos of things that caught our eye. Big and small, obvious and obscure, the images are identifiable to Streamwood. Visual delights include the expansive and ornate veterans memorial, winding streets, woods,...
Nov 20 2015 | 5:16 pm
- Nearly 500 students — most of them high school freshmen from 13 schools in the Northwest suburbs — at the Latino Summit at Harper College, listening to the story of a man who escaped from Cuba at age 16 to make his fortune here.
Sep 24 2015 | 7:43 pm
- Finding a place to turn in unused prescription medicines, can be a headache. The 10th National Prescription Drug “Take-Back” from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, at many suburban police departments, makes it easy.
Sep 12 2015 | 9:16 am
- Why do people get a tattoo? Or a dozen of them? "It’s like a legal drug, skin crack. … Once you get started, it’s hard to stop,” says Des Plaines tattoo artist Kurt Jacobsen in INfrequently Asked Questions.
Jul 30 2015 | 11:40 am
- As Rolling Meadows celebrates its 60th year, the Daily Herald is proud to present this list, a shout-out to 60 of the things, present or past, that make the city a great place to live.
Jul 02 2015 | 4:59 am
- An obviously disappointed Mount Prospect Police Chief Timothy Janowick has withdrawn a request that the department be allowed to expand its pool of potential recruits to include permanent residents who are not yet citizens.
Jun 24 2015 | 2:45 pm
- Residents of 18 units of an apartment building in Mount Prospect have been displaced by a fire about 9 a.m. Wednesday that did $500,000 damage, fire officials said. The lives of one dog and one cat were lost due to the fire while three cats and two...
Jun 24 2015 | 3:38 pm
- The founder of the Little Boots Rodeo in Elk Grove Village, which is geared to families with younger children, said he expects upward of 4,000 people to attend the event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, June...
Jun 15 2015 | 4:02 pm
- For Long Grove resident Becky Savitt, a Birthright trip to Israel the summer of 2013 when she was 20 was a life-changing experience.
May 07 2015 | 5:28 pm
- Elk Grove Village will spend $500,000 on a six-month advertising campaign to lure businesses to its industrial park. “Elk Grove is going to hit the whole market across the board,”Mayor Craig Johnson said in his state of the village...