Aug 27 2015 | 7:27 pm
- Members of the Elgin Country Club and Chicago Blackhawks players and alumni teamed up Thursday to raise money for the family and four chilldren of Clint Reif, an assistant equipment manager for the who killed himself last December. "Anything we can...
Aug 26 2015 | 7:24 pm
- A Batavia Fire Department lieutenant, who was placed on paid administrative leave Aug. 13 after his arrest on felony domestic abuse charges, had previous domestic violence arrests and a DUI, court records show.
Aug 25 2015 | 6:12 pm
- A 24-year-old man accused of dressing as a clown and using sex toys to harass and attack a woman and her daughter at a Montgomery-area haunted house recently received a year of supervision and a $500 fine after pleading guilty. Robert S. Keller, of...
Aug 24 2015 | 7:41 pm
- The daughter of a 56-year-old South Elgin woman who hanged herself at the Kane County jail in August 2013 has sued, arguing the sheriff, correctional officers and medical personnel routinely disregard detainees' medical and mental health needs.
Aug 23 2015 | 4:16 pm
- You could say a West Chicago man got his fill after a recent traffic stop near St. Charles. Authorities say the man tried to hide evidence of a phony registration sticker by removing it from his license plat and eating it.
Aug 21 2015 | 5:18 pm
- Authorities have charged two men with the murder of Keith K. Crawford, a 36-year-old Bartlett man who went missing after going to a party in West Dundee in August 2014.
Aug 21 2015 | 4:34 pm
- A 42-year-old Maple Park man has been sentenced to 19 years in prison after pleading guilty to possessing more than 6 pounds of cocaine at his home near Kaneland High School.
Aug 21 2015 | 8:42 am
- A 57-year-old former Oregon sheriff deputy accused of trafficking marijuana and other drugs is fighting his February 2014 arrest. Floyd W. Marsh, of Creswell, Oregon, argues a roadside search was illegal because a drug sniffing dog never gave the...
Aug 24 2015 | 11:37 am
- A retired Batavia police officer who also served as Kane County Sheriff Don Kramer's campaign manager pleaded guilty Thursday to misdemeanor domestic battery and was admitted into the county's deferred prosecution program. Dennis J. Harper, 55, was...
Aug 19 2015 | 5:10 pm
- A 26-year-old homeless woman was on probation for felony arson from December 2014 when she was arrested and charged with setting fire to an air conditioning unit and stairwell in early August in downtown Elgin.