Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to Jan. 6 panel
Pat Cipollone, Donald Trump's former White House counsel, is scheduled to testify Friday before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to a person briefed on the matter.
Judges keeping Capitol riot trials in DC amid bias claimsA growing number of Capitol riot defendants are pushing to get their trials moved out of Washington. They claim they can't get a fair trial before unbiased jurors in the District of Columbia.
Some Russians won't halt war protests, despite arrest fearsDespite a massive government crackdown on protests of the invasion of Ukraine, some Russians persist in speaking out against the invasion
UK's Johnson vows to stay in office after top ministers quitA defiant British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is battling to stay in power after his government was rocked by the resignation of two top ministers
EXPLAINER: Factors behind Sydney's recent flood emergenciesParts of Australia's largest city have been inundated by four major floods since March last year, leaving weary residents questioning how many times they can rebuild
Cairo's historic Nile River houseboats removed in govt pushAn Egyptian government push to remove the string of houseboats that dot Cairo's Nile River banks has seen their numbers dwindle from several dozen to just a handful
Today in History: July 6, Richard III is crownedToday in History Today is Wednesday, July 6, the 187th day of 2022. There are 178 days left in the year.
Prosecutors: Highland Park mass shooting suspect contemplated second attack in WisconsinThe 21-year-old Highwood man accused of carrying out a mass shooting during the Highland Park Independence Day parade Monday admitted to police officers that he carried out the attack, prosecutors said during a Wednesday bond court hearing. Additionally, prosecutors said the shooting suspect considered another attack in or near Madison, Wisconsin after he fled Highland Park.
Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shootingThe man charged with killing seven people at an Independence Day parade confessed to police that he unleashed a hail of bullets from a rooftop in suburban Chicago and then fled to the Madison, Wisconsin, area, where he contemplated shooting up an event there
Youth from Wheaton's Gary UMC help fix homes in AppalachiaYouth from Gary United Methodist Church traveled to Floyd County, Kentucky this summer to serve with the Appalachia Service Project.
Waukegan man identified as seventh parade shooting victimAuthorities this morning identified a 69-year-old Waukegan man as the seventh person killed in Monday's mass shooting at the Highland Park Independence Day parade.
- 11:15 AMPolice outline how Highland Park suspect amassed arsenal despite troubling history
- 10:58 AMFather died protecting 2-year-old son from shooting at Highland Park parade
- 10:56 AM'What can I do to help?': Highland Park doctor jumps in to help wounded along parade route
- 10:28 AMVolunteers sought for Naperville's Last Fling
- 10:28 AMResident injured when mulch ignites inside Palatine garage
- 10:28 AMMan 'severely burned' trying to extinguish grease fire inside Aurora apartment
- 10:28 AMFBI opening family assistance center for victims of Highland Park shooting
More Suburban News
- AuroraMan 'severely burned' trying to extinguish grease fire inside Aurora apartment
- PalatineResident injured when mulch ignites inside Palatine garage
- NapervilleVolunteers sought for Naperville's Last Fling
- AddisonFestivals July 8-14: Rockin' Rotary Ribfest, Dog Days of Summer, Kane County Fair & more
- Kane CountyMan killed, woman injured in ATV crash in Kane County
- AlgonquinLake in the Hills' Rockin' Ribfest serves up food, music
- NapervilleNaperville 203 names new principal at Ranch View Elementary School
- NewsEarly morning Crystal Lake house fire causes $225,000 in damage
- NapervilleNaperville updates code of conduct to include board, commission members
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village launching new service request app
- Downers GrovePolice say man shot at vehicle in Downers Grove
- Long GroveChicago Baseball Cancer Charities golf event is back in business
- LombardLombard fire officials believe lightning caused blaze that killed family's cat
- Hoffman EstatesThe Arboretum of South Barrington sold to Hoffman Estates-based Heidner Properties
- BarringtonBarrington High School improvements get OK from village board