Fire breaks out at Round Lake salon
A Tuesday morning fire at Lake Spa Salon in Round Lake remains under investigation, officials said.
Firefighters arrived at the salon, which is in a strip mall at 159 W. Belvidere Road, at 9:15 a.m. and quickly extinguished blaze, according to a news release from the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District.
The fire started in a small room and did not activate the alarm system. It was, however, kept in check by a single sprinkler head, the news release said.
An adjacent business sustained water and smoke damage, the news release said. No injuries were reported.