Yard waste burns out of control, starts house fire in Round Lake
Updated 11/11/2022 5:38 PM
No one was injured Friday when yard waste burned out of control and started a house fire in Round Lake, according to the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District.
At 2 p.m. Friday, firefighters responded to the 24700 block of West Clinton Avenue. Authorities said that smoke was visible from across town.
Firefighters dealt with heavy flames at the back and attic of the home and with bits of burning debris in the backyard, authorities said. The fire was contained 27 minutes after being called in.
Authorities said the home is uninhabitable. The fire is still under investigation.
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the "flag" link in the lower-right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.