Chimney fire at Lake Zurich home causes $5,000 in damage

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 6/9/2022 5:37 PM

Lake Zurich fire officials are blaming a dirty flue for a Wednesday evening blaze that extended beyond a home's chimney and caused an estimated $5,000 in damage.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

 

Firefighters were called to the home on the 21000 block of North Rainbow Road just after 7:30 p.m. for reports of flames showing from the chimney. They were able to keep the blaze from extending to the rest of the house and quickly extinguished the blaze.

Investigators determined the chimney flue had not been properly maintained and warned other property owners about the dangers of dirty flues.

Firefighters from seven neighboring agencies assisted Lake Zurich.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.