Douglas B. Warlick: 2022 candidate for Kane County Clerk
Occupation: Family Law/Trial Attorney & Mediator, Law Offices of Douglas B. Warlick & Assoc.
Previous offices held: Republican Precinct Committeeman, Vice-Chair of Geneva Township Republican Central Committee for last 5 years
Q. Why are you running for this office? Is there a particular issue that motivates you?
A. Election integrity and term limits:
1. I want the citizens of Kane County to have confidence in our election process so we don't question the results.
2. Through dedication and hard work, we will be secure in the knowledge that our voter rolls are clean and up to date and our local elections will be free of skepticism with a system of checks, balances and accountability.
3. Whether or not you believe problems exist within our election process, every voter is entitled to have faith in the system and confidence that his or her vote counted. I pledge for complete transparency!
4. The incumbent has held this office for 20 years after being elected at the age of 63. Four years ago the incumbent proclaimed that he was seeking his final term in office at that time. I pledge that I will not serve more than two terms in order to permit other individuals to continue to bring fresh ideas and technology to this office.
Q. If you are an incumbent, describe two important initiatives you've led. If you're not an incumbent, describe two ways you would contribute to the position.
A. The factors that motivate me are identical to the reasons set forth above as to why I'm a candidate for the Office of the Kane County Clerk. I will introduce innovative ideas that instill confidence in our election process as well as provide services to the taxpayers in all departments that are rooted in my rich history of community service:
• Kane County Bar Assoc. Community Service Award (2019): Bestowed upon one attorney with impeccable character, who is held with high regard and esteem by his peers for services to the community outside of the legal profession.
• Recipient of numerous honors: Melvin Jones Fellow for Dedicated Humanitarian Service (2018); Dist. 1-J George Lazansky Distinguished Service Award (2015); Outstanding Service Award (2014); Foundation Fellowship Award (2012-2013); Lions Club International Distinguished Service Award (2012); Past President, Geneva Lions Club; President of the "We Serve" Foundation of Geneva Lions Club (2015-2021)
Q. How secure are you in the knowledge that election results in the county are reported fairly and accurately?
A. I'm not unlike the countless voters who had questions about the election process due to the mistakes and irregularities, including the fact that there were no provisional ballots, no spoiled ballots, no initials by both parties on tens of thousands of ballots, no postmarks indicating when vote-by-mail ballots were mailed, etc.