No injuries in Elgin house fire

 
By Zack Miller
Breaking News correspondent
Updated 10/10/2021 8:33 PM

No one was injured in an Elgin house fire that caused more than $25,000 in damages Sunday morning, according to an Elgin Fire Department news release.

Elgin firefighters responded to the 300 block of Shiloh Lane just before 7 a.m. Sunday. The fire was brought under control around five minutes after first responders arrived on the scene, the news release stated.

 

Initial estimates of the damage are "in excess" of $25,000, with the home's kitchen suffering the most damage.

Fire officials believe the blaze may have started due to a "heating element" in the dishwasher, though it remains under investigation by the Elgin Fire Department.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Get articles sent to your inbox.

Article Comments
Attention: We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Facebook Comments module at this time. Comments will remain disabled until we are able to resolve the problem. We apologize for the interruption. We invite you to engage with our content and talk with other commenters on our Daily Herald Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DailyHeraldFans/. Thank you.